Author Topic: Hot damn!  (Read 792 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Hot damn!
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:23:20 PM »
Closed the house on Friday.  Moved into a rental on Saturday.  Made $62,350!  
Just about 5 months and 14 days, give 'er take....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BozemanMT

• friend
Hot damn!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:45:29 PM »
That's cool  (good thing there is no bubble)

Only one problem, it's taxable
gotta live there 2 out of the last 5 years.

Still, making money is better than not making money.
Brian
CO

From land of the free and home of the brave to land of the fee and home of the slave

Jamisjockey

• friend
Hot damn!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:56:37 PM »
Quote from: BozemanMT
That's cool  (good thing there is no bubble)

Only one problem, it's taxable
gotta live there 2 out of the last 5 years.

Still, making money is better than not making money.
Lived there 2 years and 3 months.  It'll also be reinvested into a primary residence pretty soon.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Art Eatman

• friend
Hot damn!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 05:40:50 AM »
I haven't kept up all that much on Utah's doings, but in general the housing market in many places is at some stage of a decline.  Do a bunch of studying before buying anything.

As examples, SE Florida is in a helluva slump; sales down as much as 40% in some locations.  OTOH, Colorado Springs is gonna have some 40,000 more troops stationed at Fort Carson, and the place is booming.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Jamisjockey

• friend
Hot damn!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 10:53:27 AM »
Quote from: Art Eatman
I haven't kept up all that much on Utah's doings, but in general the housing market in many places is at some stage of a decline.  Do a bunch of studying before buying anything.

As examples, SE Florida is in a helluva slump; sales down as much as 40% in some locations.  OTOH, Colorado Springs is gonna have some 40,000 more troops stationed at Fort Carson, and the place is booming.

Art
Whats the best way to research a specific housing market?  Here in Utah, we're riding along on the backside of that "bubble", so its just barely transitioning out of a sellers market.  I'll be moving to NoVA in Jan, but we're going house hunting in August.
JD

client32

• friend
Hot damn!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:41:07 AM »
Quote from: Art Eatman

Art
Watching the news last night, they had a number something like 3.4 million houses on the market right now.

congrats Jamis.  We just closed on our house yesterday, didn't make near that much but it is still nice.  I am currently working on getting into a house we have been working towards for almost a month now.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.