Author Topic: Bluetooth Earpiece Recommendations Needed  (Read 733 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Bluetooth Earpiece Recommendations Needed
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »
Once again, I'm seeking the collective wisdom of the APS community*....

I'm looking for a Bluetooth earpiece to go with my Blackberry Torch. The kicker is....I don't plan to use it for phone calls more than 25% of the time. The majority of its use will be to listen to the MP3's on my phone. I'm looking for something rechargable with a good battery life plus an over-ear loop instead of an earbud....those never stay in for me. And, while I'm not made of money, I'd rather have a good balance of quality to price.....

Any suggestions?.......

Thanks in advance......  =D

*.....yeah, I know.....but I love living dangerously.....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

sanglant

• friend
Re: Bluetooth Earpiece Recommendations Needed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »
or you can get  this, and really gamble. >:D[popcorn]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
I've never liked any of the bluetooth headsets I've had in the past until I got a Jawbone. Though it has an earbud, it also comes with an ear loop. I also used to have problems with earbuds until the Jawbone. I use mine without the loop, and it fits great (it came with 6 different buds of various sizes and configurations that you can swap out).

This is also the first bluetooth headset I've had where I've never once had a complaint about not being heard or sounding garbled. Not the cheapest headset out there, but highly recommended.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »
or you can get  this, and really gamble. >:D[popcorn]

Kinda looking for something smaller...something that would fit in the same belt pouch I carry my phone in...I have wired earphones, but I'm ready for wireless....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »
The ONLY one that works for me is the Jawbone. $100, sure, but it works just as well as holding the phone to my ear. NO ONE can tell the difference on the other end, either.

Truly, it's the best of the best. :)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."