Author Topic: Hope Nobody Ordered Anything from Red Jacket Firearms.....  (Read 9647 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Hope Nobody Ordered Anything from Red Jacket Firearms.....
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
....since it looks like they've lost their FFL....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1267812_Red_Jacket_lost_ffl_.html

http://gunnuts.net/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-loses-ffl/

....good news, though.....Vince is starting his own business....I'd always though he was too good to work for RJF.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: Hope Nobody Ordered Anything from Red Jacket Firearms.....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
Will lost his FFL back in 2009, before the show was even on the air.  They operate under an FFL owned by their LLC now, and that license is still valid.

So, nothing to worry about really.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
Does this mean my order for a mag-fed, full-auto Taurus Supreme Court Justice .410 will be delayed?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »
The boss is not the paper holder anymore. The BAFTE found him lacking about 10 guns.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
I can't believe that the idiot @ Gunsmoke in American Guns won't be next for some stupidity....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 03:31:16 PM »
I've only seen a few episodes of each but they were enjoyable to watch, what's with the hate?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
I kinda like SOG....Vince & the other employees seem to know what they're doing...I wouldn't let Will anywhere near my firearms. [popcorn]..  [tinfoil]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »
I've only seen a few episodes of each but they were enjoyable to watch, what's with the hate?

Thinking people hate reality TV.

Gun people know guns.

That makes it easy to hate on or pick apart.

American Guns indeed makes SOG look top-teir indeed.
I promise not to duck.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:17:11 PM »

It follows the same formula every show.  Will commits to a project with a tight deadline, rides the guys, but they get it done, which is really important because this is going to open up a whole new market for them.  Like the market for Saiga shotguns with 870's underslung, silenced grenade launchers, or a Gatling 12 gauge that they didn't actually pull off and reverted to your well known rotating AK trigger puller via crank design.

The show jumped the shark for me when they set out to make a 1000 yard AK sniper.  That's something I'd actually be interested in seeing done but they just took a Saiga in .308, slapped a "match" barrel on it and called it good.  The drama for the episode was the gunsmith actually trying to ream out the chamber properly on the custom barrel and getting finicky about the dimensions until Will steps in and basically tells him to just ream it until it fits a random round of .308 just right.  DUH, STUPID.  IF IT FITS IT WORKS.

Color me unimpressed. I can't watch the show.  I just get annoyed.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »
I do recall one of the early episodes mentioning that a big portion of their business was Saiga conversions.  

The deadlines were always strange to me, but I figured half of that was simply manufactured drama on the part of the the reality TV people.  I figured the stuff with the one guy and the daughter was part of that.

American Gun does the same thing in different ways.  The show with the pink 1911 showed the head guy whining repeatedly about pink guns, as if he wouldn't do just about anything to a gun if he could make money on it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Never watched the show, but I own a Red Jacket Saiga conversion from before they went Hollywood.  Does that make me cool?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
Does this mean my order for a mag-fed, full-auto Taurus Supreme Court Justice .410 will be delayed?
They're working on the gyro for the tripod and the paperwork for the integral suppressor has been delayed, so sit tight.

In American Guns they actually do have some skill - it's not trivial to mill a complicated frame out of a block of metal, even with a CNC mill. Though I'm pretty sure that having the head guy come in and give "guidance" to his people when there's a problem is mostly made-for-TV drama, along with the daughter carrying her little dog around all the time. Still, the guy does talk about safety . . . even if it's only for the camera. (The episodes with the ersatz "hand cannon" and the silver plated, diamond inlaid gun for his wife were just . . . silly.) And the prices he constantly harps on are unrealistic, from custom 1911s to a rusty old Garand - it's almost like he's posturing for the camera to say "Hey, look at me, I have a chopper and expensive stuff so I'm a real high roller."

On the other hand, SOG spends WAY too much time grinding on their guns to make parts fit, their attempt at CNC design for a Gatling shotgun was an abysmal failure (A KABOOM! that puts Glock KABOOMs to shame). And even though they test fired it, honestly, I don't want to be within 100 yards of the formerly demilled 20mm cannon they welded back together when it's fired.

Never watched the show, but I own a Red Jacket Saiga conversion from before they went Hollywood.  Does that make me cool?
Well, "cool" is another way of saying "not so hot" . . .    ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
Remember that all shows have to visit the editing room before they get broadcasted and that is where the Producers/Directors put whatever spin they want on it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »
Remember that all shows have to visit the editing room before they get broadcasted and that is where the Producers/Directors put whatever spin they want on it.

While this may be true.....what kind of *expletive deleted*bag puts three saigas on a rotating thing with a hand crank to make a "shotgun Gatling gun"? Along with all the other douchey ideas they come up with. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »
While this may be true.....what kind of *expletive deleted*bag puts three saigas on a rotating thing with a hand crank to make a "shotgun Gatling gun"? Along with all the other douchey ideas they come up with. 

The kind that's doing it for the camera so they can make more money.  I don't know what they pay Red Jacket per episode but the folks on Storage wars make 12-15k per episode.  The show is also free advertising.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
I'm guessing those shows represents the gun business in the same way Miami/LA/London Ink represents the tattoo business...take the basic business, then add carloads of drama.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »
I'm guessing those shows represents the gun business in the same way Miami/LA/London Ink represents the tattoo business...take the basic business, then add carloads of drama.

And it is all for the camera.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/2011/07/24/playing-with-guns/

After the first take Scarborough said he became a little more comfortable, and was able to perform better on the second take.

“This time I was a little more animated,” he said. “Then they told me to change clothes and said, “Let’s pick up the gun,’” Scarborough said.

He said he changed clothes and shot the pick-up scene, where they realize the gun was jammed with a tooth, in two takes as well.

Scarborough said he believes that the producers and the writers of the show got the tooth story from hearing that it happened in another gun shop, and they wanted to put it in “Sons of Guns.”

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
The kind that's doing it for the camera so they can make more money.  I don't know what they pay Red Jacket per episode but the folks on Storage wars make 12-15k per episode.  The show is also free advertising.

Eggzactry.  Sadly, it's not even good engineering....they just cobble together stuff because they can.

As a personal aside, I'm offended by his constant insistence on up-arming the local pd/so....because every backwoods small town sheriff's office needs a modified full auto Thompson (butchered to high hell), M240B, and Mk19..... :facepalm:
Watched some of the episode where they mounted all that *expletive deleted*it on the patrol boat....to the tow bracket. Yeah, no more assisting boaters in distress with that floating arsenal....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »
I do recall one of the early episodes mentioning that a big portion of their business was Saiga conversions.

That was back when they were decent. Back before they went full retard.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »
Their quality work seems to take a year and multiple phone calls to get moved thru the shop

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
I tried watching it but its really no different then all the other reality tv shows, I do kind of like storage wars but only for the interesting stuff they find. I did notice it seemed like an advertisement for their stores though.

I h8 the manufactured drama.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 10:01:01 AM »
I hate all reality shows like this. Hell, I hate all reality shows in general.

Every TV producer who comes up with "Hey, I should do a reality show" should be immediately put against a wall and shot.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »
I hate all reality shows like this. Hell, I hate all reality shows in general.

Every TV producer who comes up with "Hey, I should do a reality show" should be immediately put against a wall and shot.

Yup, reality bites.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »
As a personal aside, I'm offended by his constant insistence on up-arming the local pd/so....

This.
Emphatically.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.