Author Topic: TOO RICH  (Read 3316 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
TOO RICH
« on: April 25, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »
http://www.migaloo-submarines.com/

You know you are too damn rich if you can afford one of these.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: TOO RICH
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:26:43 PM »
No, you'd be too rich. If I could afford it, it would be just the right amount of rich.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:32:54 PM »
Might just be the ultimate in zombie apocalypse prep, right there.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »
Might just be the ultimate in zombie apocalypse prep, right there.

Not without nuclear power, it's not.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 03:17:20 PM »
If I could afford it I still wouldn't buy it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »
^^^^^

That. I liked the video, "discover uncharted paths", ummmmmmmm no. I have a good friend that tried that onboard the USS San Francisco when they hit an uncharted seamount off of Guam. To say he is lucky to still be here among the living in an understatement.

The migaloo would just be one of those "lost at sea" anecdotes when sailors get together if it hit anything underwater I have a feeling. ;)

bob

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 03:58:37 PM »
^^^^^

That. I liked the video, "discover uncharted paths", ummmmmmmm no. I have a good friend that tried that onboard the USS San Francisco when they hit an uncharted seamount off of Guam. To say he is lucky to still be here among the living in an understatement.

The migaloo would just be one of those "lost at sea" anecdotes when sailors get together if it hit anything underwater I have a feeling. ;)

bob

That looks like it was one hell of a bad day.  Just read the Wiki article.  Glad there were so few injuries, and only the one fatality.  Hitting a mountain at full speed...  (shudder).
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 04:09:43 PM »
My friend was the Diving Officer of the Watch (DOOW) when they grounded.

I was the Diving Officer of the Watch when we grounded. If you read the emails from ComSubPac, you will get some of the details, from flank speed to less than 4 knots in less than 4 seconds. We have it recorded on the RLGN's-those cranky bastages actually stayed up and recorded everything. For you guys that don't understand that, take a Winnebego full of people milling around and eating, slam it into a concrete wall at about 40mph, and then try to drive the damn thing home and pick up the pieces of the passengers.

http://patriotfiles.org/SSN711Accident.htm

bob
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 04:30:02 PM by BobR »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »
I really doubt that think can stay submerged all the time.  Probably only goes submerged for short periods.  However, I would expect some sort of active sonar to stay on at all times. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »
Strand will take one, right after he drowns Madison.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 05:20:53 PM »
Only artist's concepts, no actual pix . . . may as well be starship pix unless/until they actually build one or more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
Great big ole bag full of NOPE from this bubblehead.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

birdman

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »
Great big ole bag full of NOPE from this bubblehead.

Then you'd love this quote from their website:
Rely on maximum safety thanks to the modern acrylic pressure hull design offering incomparable deck spaces.

ACRYLIC....MODERN?

What...in...the...name...of...all...that...is...holy.

Who is going to trust their lives to a 400ft long plastic tube at several hundred feet down?  I mean, a small research sphere...sure...but a damn full size sub? 

I think I'll stick with HY-80 thank you...

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 07:20:12 PM »
Sorta wish I was rich enough to afford this:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »
...But I couldn't even afford one of this guy's toys...... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 07:27:39 PM »
I'min when they perfect the Magnetohydrodynamic Drive.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »
I'min when they perfect the Magnetohydrodynamic Drive.

Then all you need is a chorus of Russians..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 08:59:23 PM »
ACRYLIC....MODERN?

Who is going to trust their lives to a 400ft long plastic tube at several hundred feet down?  I mean, a small research sphere...sure...but a damn full size sub? 

HY-80 served me well enough but I think they have changed over to HY-100 or HY-110 now a days.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 09:47:36 PM »
ACRYLIC....MODERN?

I finally saw where it said the test depth was 450 meters.  That is pretty deep.  I guess the maintenance inspections are for the little people.

A guy at work was down in the Florida Keys.  He met a guy who was a deck hand on one of those big yahts.  Apparently it was a cush job with not a lot to do except when the boss was in town.  Then there was also the issue that the boss might decide to go to Hawaii and order the crew to move the boat over there.

I guess all the real billionaires are looking for status symbols to waste money.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 12:28:26 AM »
No way in hell I'd take plastic sewer pipe like that to 1300'.

Samuel Adams

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »
Country code for the number on the website is Austrian. Isn't Austria landlocked?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 01:43:55 AM »
I'd rather have my own floaty island....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
Country code for the number on the website is Austrian. Isn't Austria landlocked?

Tiny detail, doesn't mean the brains behind an endeavor such as this has to be near water.

Kind of my thoughts.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

birdman

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
HY-80 served me well enough but I think they have changed over to HY-100 or HY-110 now a days.

They Seawolfs were HY-100 due to their deeper diving requirement, but I think they went back to 80 for the Virginias due to HY-100 being a royal PITA to weld...I could be wrong.

In any case, "Not even GOD can get through HY-100"  =)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:17 PM »

... as long as it doesn't capsize like Guam.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden