Author Topic: The Electoral College Prediction thread  (Read 1527 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
The Electoral College Prediction thread
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:12:43 AM »
Step right up and place your bets.

1.  Who will win the nationwide Popular vote and percentage.
2.  The Electoral College vote.* 

I'll go first:

1.  Romney- 53%
2.  He gets over 306, maybe as many as 368.

Closest to being exact on EC wins^.  Percent of PV will be used as a tie breaker.

* If you need a map to play with the EC numbers:  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/fullpage/2012-presidential-elections-fantasy-game-game-changer-15177994

^ Prizes include:  The Hearty Handshake, The Pat On The Back, and The Warm Glow of Victory.  (First two prizes may not be available in all areas outside of the Chicagoland area, in which case APS Bragging Rights, valid for one year, will be substituted.#

#  This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Nap was here. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant equipment or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty item only. Although robust enough for general use, adventures into the esoteric periphery may reveal unexpected quirks. Not available in stores. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.  This supersedes all previous notices.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: The Electoral College Prediction thread
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
Electorial Votes

Romney 317
Obama 211

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

birdman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
Electorial Votes

Romney 317
Obama 211

Some states not counted?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
Romney wins the popular vote 49% to 46%, but loses the Electoral College vote to Obama 290 to 248.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
Romney 285 to Obama 253 (Romney carries OH FL NC VA NH CO IA, Obama WI MI PA NV)
Popular vote to Romney 52-48

Based on giving any toss-up currently rated at less than Obama +2.5% to Romney based on turnout due to their polling bias, hurricane sandy -slightly- reducing early incumbent voting in NH, OH, NC, and my guess that the turnout will be 2010 R leaning or more based on heavily energized base--as with past elections, challenger vs incumbent vs open typically leads to more turnout in favor of challenger.

And the senate breaks to R 50/50 or 51/50 (hopefully the later, to get rid of Reid).  Even without a supermajority, there are sufficient somewhat fiscally okay democrats who will be up in 2014 who will want to have up/down votes to vote for cloture and thus actually get some voting done.

50+tie breaker should also allow for force voting certain issues...like budget and/or reconciliation votes. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:50:59 PM by birdman »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
I'm not going to do the addition, I'll just predict trumped up controversy, mysteriously changing numbers and ultimately Obama by one popular vote of one Ms Elena Kagan.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
I predict the biggest flusterlcuck in the history of US elections. Fraud, legal challenges, protests, fraud  and more irregularities than the testers at a laxative factory.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 10:10:13 PM »
I predict the biggest flusterlcuck in the history of US elections. Fraud, legal challenges, protests, fraud  and more irregularities than the testers at a laxative factory.

What he said.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
Some states not counted?

Probably forgot to click on a couple but none the less.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:34:13 AM »
Some states not counted?

Arizona secedes.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »
Romney wins the popular vote 49% to 46%, but loses the Electoral College vote to Obama 290 to 248.

Dammit, I wasn't too far off.  Popular vote was closer than I expected, though.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »
so far
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.