Author Topic: How many of you think there will be a President Obama?  (Read 28726 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: How many of you think there will be a President Obama?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »
Can we?  How so?

Because you seem to think either Hillary or NObama would be a better choice than Mcstain. 
Neither one would be a friend of the taxpayer.  Both nitwits actually think that they can pull us out of Iraq and just spend the same amount of money on social programs. 

Yes, when they talk about "change" they are referring to what they might leave in your pocket once they are done with their wunnerful new social programs.
I'll take McCain for five.  If he wants to go invade another 3rd world slime hole and do some cleaning, that's just skippy with me.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 12:02:07 PM »
Quote from: Tecumseh
I would rather spend it on social programs that fail rather than on wars which kill thousands of innocent people.
You mean - like the social programs the government euphemisticly calls the war on drugs? I wonder how many thousands or 100's of thousands are dead because of it?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
I would rather spend it on social programs that fail rather than on wars which kill thousands of innocent people.
You mean - like the social programs the government euphemisticly calls the war on drugs? I wonder how many thousands or 100's of thousands are dead because of it?
The answer is "not enough."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 12:28:04 PM »
Can we?  How so?

Because you seem to think either Hillary or NObama would be a better choice than Mcstain. 
Neither one would be a friend of the taxpayer.  Both nitwits actually think that they can pull us out of Iraq and just spend the same amount of money on social programs. 

I'd rather kill the thousands of people.....it's cheaper and creates more defense-industry jobs.....

....but I don't want us spending American money to rebuild their nation when they shouldn't have provoked us in the first place.....it's like paying for the ER care for the burglar you just shot.....
  I dont seem to remember Iraq provoking us.  How did they?

Short memory, some folks.

1. Invading an ally of the USA
2. Shooting at our planes in violation of agreed-upon ceasefire agreements
3. Using deception to avoid compliance with agreed-upon inspections of WMD facilities
4. Sponsoring terrorism against an ally
5. Running terrorist training camps

I could go on, but I tire from restating the obvious.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »
3. Using deception to avoid compliance with agreed-upon inspections of WMD facilities

You forget, Tecumseh was in grade school when most of that happened. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »

You forget, Tecumseh was in grade school when most of that happened. 

Actually they were in violation of numerous UN resolutions, resolutions the UN refused to enforce by doing anything more than passing more resolutions.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »
Can we?  How so?

I'd rather kill the thousands of people.....it's cheaper and creates more defense-industry jobs.....

....but I don't want us spending American money to rebuild their nation when they shouldn't have provoked us in the first place.....it's like paying for the ER care for the burglar you just shot.....

I would rather do the more morally acceptable approach than kill innocent people.  I dont get all happy at the thought of violence like many GOP members do.  Especially when they are not actually having to do the violence.  As far as defense industry jobs, why not health-care jobs?  Or construction jobs in our country?

Failing to follow the Gulf War cease-fire terms, shooting at our planes, providing funding and training camps to terror groups targeting American citizens.....take your pick. While I DO believe it deserved a nation-shaking pounding (air strikes and ICBMs delivering solid-mass warheads at hyperkinetic velocities/no nukes), I DON'T believe it justified an invasion.......

You want health care and construction jobs......run the illegal aliens out. THAT would do the magic WITHOUT extra gov't spending and interference.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »
"And a lot of people will not tell pollsters they wouldn't vote for Obama because they dont want to be seen as racists.  But in the privacy of the voting booths it will be different."

BINGO!!!

and it appears too many others are schooling tecumseh for it to be sport for me.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 02:37:51 PM »
"Send in the envoy."

Damn, I miss Warren.

Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 04:18:38 AM »
The reality of history is certainly lost on some folks.  Let's see...history tells us that human beings were kind and loving to each other throughout the ages.  It was only till America came along that the violence and unneighborly behavior began.   rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 05:43:43 AM »
"And a lot of people will not tell pollsters they wouldn't vote for Obama because they dont want to be seen as racists.  But in the privacy of the voting booths it will be different."

If that were the case, he would not be winning in the primaries, where ppl are alone in the voting booth.

Judging by the results in the primaries, it will be McStain against Obama. To win, McStain has to mobilize the right and win over independents, while hoping at least some democrats stay home. To win, Obama does not need to do anything but do what he has been doing. I think Obama will have a much easier time, and therefore is the likely winner.

The problem with McStain and his supporters is that they think that a RINO will be more electable than a true conservative. They think they can somehow appease or beguile independents and social-democrats into switching to him as a unifier candidate. Except that does not work. There is so much animosity against Bush and the Republicans that none of that is likely to happen.

The Repub's best shot was to run a conservative, mobilize the base, get the conservative independent vote, then spend tons of money educating the electorate how hollow and inexperienced Obama is, while also secretly funding Nader so he can go steal some liberal votes away from Obama. That would have worked. Instead they ran a long line of flawed candidates who managed to squabble and dilute their message until now the pinkest RINO is about to lose the election big time. Stupidity is not a survivalist trait.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 05:59:30 AM »

If that were the case, he would not be winning in the primaries, where ppl are alone in the voting booth.

Judging by the results in the primaries, it will be McStain against Obama. To win, McStain has to mobilize the right and win over independents, while hoping at least some democrats stay home. To win, Obama does not need to do anything but do what he has been doing. I think Obama will have a much easier time, and therefore is the likely winner.

The problem with McStain and his supporters is that they think that a RINO will be more electable than a true conservative. They think they can somehow appease or beguile independents and social-democrats into switching to him as a unifier candidate. Except that does not work. There is so much animosity against Bush and the Republicans that none of that is likely to happen.

The Repub's best shot was to run a conservative, mobilize the base, get the conservative independent vote, then spend tons of money educating the electorate how hollow and inexperienced Obama is, while also secretly funding Nader so he can go steal some liberal votes away from Obama. That would have worked. Instead they ran a long line of flawed candidates who managed to squabble and dilute their message until now the pinkest RINO is about to lose the election big time. Stupidity is not a survivalist trait.

I think you pretty much nailed it. sad
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 06:21:18 AM »
Obama is getting by some estimates 90% of the black vote, and many democrats are unhappy at the prospect of another Clinton, so an "anti-Hillary" vote shows up as an Obama vote.

But these are primary voters, which aren't more than a fraction of all democrats.

How things will turn out in the general election . . . I don't know. It depends on how McCain & Co. can get out the word that Obama has got what it takes to take what you've got . . . all of it. Especially on the proposal he's supporting which would devote a fraction of our GNP to fighting "global poverty" . . . a transfer of US $$ to stinking pestilential turd world dungheaps in the amount of $845,000,000,000 . . . for now.

It will be hard for McCain, RINO that he is, to educate the populace about Obama being the uber-leftists that he really is. Maybe if proof - not innuendo, but proof - that Obama is still a doper surfaces . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »
I think it will boil down to McCain versus Obama.

A lot depends on whether McCain can force Obama to actually come out with a firm position on anything. So far, the only firm position Obama has taken is to further restrict 2A rights, and he is completely unequivocal on that point.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 08:52:25 AM »
  You have convinced me.  Lets just give the tax money back to the people.  All you heroes who want to liberate countries, just grab your guns and go march there on your own dime.  Dont have the US military do it for you.  Let me keep my money so I can give it to a charitable cause like a Shriners Hospital.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »
Can we?  How so?

Yes, when they talk about "change" they are referring to what they might leave in your pocket once they are done with their wunnerful new social programs.
I'll take McCain for five.  If he wants to go invade another 3rd world slime hole and do some cleaning, that's just skippy with me.
  Well I am not skippy with it. 

If your so entusiastic, then call this number:

1-800-USA-ARMY

or look into this site...

http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=

I am sure they could send you to a slime hole, this way you can help with the cleaning. 

Paddy

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »
A lot depends on whether McCain can force Obama to actually come out with a firm position on anything

Nobody cares about that.  All the American people will see is a wheezy old geezer continuing Bush's war.  That alone will cost McCain the election, in addition to a dozen other things.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »
Can we?  How so?

Are we talking about Kuwait? 

When our planes fly over their country it seems reasonable.

Yes, because they don't want UN involvement in their country.  I have heard people on this site complaining about UN involvement here.  Can you please tell Herr Bush where the WMDs are?  I dont seem to remember them being found.

Why are we arguing over this?  Remember...

The war is over.  We won.  Mission Accomplished.  What are we still doing there?  I thought they were going to give us hugs and greet us with open arms.  Herr Bush told us they would be greatful and it would be over in a few months.

Terrorism?  Where are these terrorists?  Where are the training camps? 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »
Well, without debating whether we made the right decision on going to war in the first place:

After WWII what did we do?  We occupied Germany and Japan for many years, and established bases in both.  We installed puppet governments that were friendly to us, and molded and dictated thier future.
After we helped Afghanistan defeat the soviets, we left.  A power vacum was created, and the Taliban moved in.  An unfriendly government that harbored the very terrorists who came to our shores and killed our citizens. 

The reason that we're still in Iraq is because Bush, under the direction of Rummy, made poor decisions on how to occupy Iraq.  The invasion plan was nearly flawless, and we stormed Baghdad before they knew what hit them, but we're still cleaning up for a clueless occupation plan.

Of course, they probably don't teach world history in College anymore, right?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »
The reason that we're still in Iraq is because Bush, under the direction of Rummy, made poor decisions on how to occupy Iraq.  The invasion plan was nearly flawless, and we stormed Baghdad before they knew what hit them, but we're still cleaning up for a clueless occupation plan.

Of course, they probably don't teach world history in College anymore, right?

Oh, plenty of military historians in general and even at the War College were screaming and pulling their hair out, waving Sun Tzu and Caesar...and they were ignored.

You can't occupy a country with high-tech toys. Since ancient times, it's been the number of feet, sandals, or boots on the ground.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »
Can we?  How so?

Well I am not skippy with it. 

If your so entusiastic, then call this number:

1-800-USA-ARMY

or look into this site...

http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=

I am sure they could send you to a slime hole, this way you can help with the cleaning. 
I happily would.  But the military's requirement for overweight 46 yr old Orthodox Jewish men has probably been filled already.
Sorry you are unhappy at seeing 3rd world anti-American zealots getting their due.  But who said life was unfair?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »
Can we?  How so?

Are we talking about Kuwait? 

When our planes fly over their country it seems reasonable.

Yes, because they don't want UN involvement in their country.  I have heard people on this site complaining about UN involvement here.  Can you please tell Herr Bush where the WMDs are?  I dont seem to remember them being found.

Why are we arguing over this?  Remember...

The war is over.  We won.  Mission Accomplished.  What are we still doing there?  I thought they were going to give us hugs and greet us with open arms.  Herr Bush told us they would be greatful and it would be over in a few months.

Terrorism?  Where are these terrorists?  Where are the training camps? 

Tecumseh:

There was no peace treaty or "end" to GWI.  There was a ceasefire that came into effect because Saddam agreed to certain conditions.  When he no longer would abide by those conditions, the ceasefire was to be ended at our leisure.

In the real world, when you get your ass handed to you (like Saddam did in GWI), conditions are imposed.  If you don't like them, you are free to get another ass-whooping until your ass ends up on the end of a rope with your local enemies howling with delight at your demise.

Several terrorist training camps were unearthed during GWII.  Google is your friend, O Forgetful One.  Use its power wisely.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »
its not forgetful if you were too young to be much concerned beyond where the next nipple was coming from.of course when you reach the age of majority and still need the nipple thats different

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
A lot of people are abusing the "Quote" button here. Stop wasting bandwidth; if you want to cite something relevent ctrl-c / ctrl-v it. Geez.

Oh, and on the subject of saving bandwidth, why is Tec still here? hehe rolleyes cheesy
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.