Author Topic: Crib Notes - Palin vs Obama  (Read 20857 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Crib Notes - Palin vs Obama
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:43 AM »
I don't think the Palin Derangement Syndrome is caused by feeling threatened, politically. I think it's more personal.

She's an ideological threat to feminazis and the emasculated "men" who follow them, in much the same way a conservative black man who succeeded without affirmative action is a threat to the race baiters and community organizers.

Going back to the Couric interview, I don't see questions as "so what do you read?" as particularly sneaky attacks.  Most APSers who participate in this forum could have done twice the job she did in answering the substantive questions.  Even for interviews that are tough, you can do better than outright failure, which is what she did in that interview.  It's not the McCain campaign's fault that she didn't know how to interview.

You're a lawyer, right SS? So I'm sure you're familiar with people who've been interrogated for hour upon hour until they finally crack and confess to a crime they did not commit? Hour after hour of hostile questioning and you're bound to blow the occasional softball. If that's all you've got, I think your case is pretty weak.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2010, 06:43:20 AM »
And you, of course, know this is what was scribbled on her hand.

How much media coverage are Huckabee or Romney getting right now compared to Palin? When was the last time you saw either of them on a magazine cover? How many editorial cartoons have you seen in the last five months about either of them?

Without going back and reading every post, I don't think anyone is saying she's a great campaigner. She does appeal to people, though, and she draws crowds. Even if she doesn't run, I suspect the candidates will ask her to appear for them. She's doing that now in several states (including here in Wisconsin).

What's interesting is the reaction to her by liberals like SS. It's very similar to the visceral and sometimes unhinged hatred of Bush and Reagan.

FYI - the cameras caught what was on her hands.  It was three words:  "Energy", "budget", and "tax"

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/08/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6185820.shtml

But yeah, now we're all in agreement that she isn't great at campaigning.  And, hopefully, we're acknowledging that the hand-scribbles actually hurt, as opposed to help, her odds of national election.  I would say the same is true of looking like a deer in the headlights when asked "So what do you read?", and resigning as governor because it was too hard.

Balog,

I'm sorry, but there is just no way to compare a police interrogation to the Katie Couric interview.  If Katie's questions would crack you, Richard Simmons could intimidate you into a confession all the same. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2010, 06:45:11 AM »
I'm not sure how people continue to claim SS is a liberal. He's displayed ant-war news now and again but I don't really see how he's a liberal.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2010, 08:11:49 AM »
I'm not sure how people continue to claim SS is a liberal. He's displayed ant-war news now and again but I don't really see how he's a liberal.
He defends liberals and liberal agendas pretty regular.  If the shoes fits and all that.  :)

Another site I post on has a liberal leaning guy who claims not to be a liberal.  He may not be, but he ends up defending that side of a lot of issues and comes off as the resident lefty.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:18:25 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2010, 08:45:03 AM »
and resigning as governor because it was too hard.

Yep. Keep repeating that, maybe it will become true.

You should be proud she resigned, your side sued and sued and sued (like liberals always will) with frivilous suits until the costs were unbearable.

I'm sure that's what a governor is supposed to do, spend time and money defending against POLITICAL ATTACKS USING THE LEGAL SYSTEM.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2010, 11:04:13 AM »
She saved her state millions of dollars in attorney fees. How incompetent of her!

And, hopefully, we're acknowledging that the hand-scribbles actually hurt, as opposed to help, her odds of national election.

Thanks for filling me in on what was scribbled on her hand. Now I know something I didn't before, which is that she had scribbled on her hand three topics that she wanted to touch on, but then was speaking about them extemporaneously. Obama speaks much better, but he needs to read a speech writers lines from a teleprompter. Both get crowds fired up with their speaking. So who's better at working the crowds?

Keep on complaining about Palin, SS. If you ever stop bashing her, I'll know that her days in the public spotlight are over. I don't read Time or Newsweek, you see. I'm obviously not presidential timber, either.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »
Balog,

I'm sorry, but there is just no way to compare a police interrogation to the Katie Couric interview.  If Katie's questions would crack you, Richard Simmons could intimidate you into a confession all the same. 

;/ Ok... how about someone who gets tripped up after 12 hours of hostile deposition? I'd really love to see you sit down and spend a good 10-12 hours fielding questions from someone who's only goal is to make you look bad. And really, given the fact that the Wizard of Uhh's managed to get elected as PotUS I believe you're overestimating the negatives here.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2010, 10:05:06 PM »
Not only that, but the interview wasn't to advance her ideas, but McCain's.  Her job was to carry his water, not hers.

Judging by my own focus group (aka Mrs Scout, who has almost zero interest in politics), the "notes in the palm" thing has endeared Sarah to more voters.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
He defends liberals and liberal agendas pretty regular.  If the shoes fits and all that.  :)

Another site I post on has a liberal leaning guy who claims not to be a liberal.  He may not be, but he ends up defending that side of a lot of issues and comes off as the resident lefty.  
that's not OS is it? :lol: sounds like him. [tinfoil]

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »
No, it is a completely unrelated site. 

I have to agree with scout, to me the notes on her hands only makes her appear more "normal" and makes me like her a little more. 

The funny thing to me is that the incessant, petty attacks don't turn me away, but rather drive me to defend her more.  I would have criticized Bush a whole lot more during his Presidency if the left hadn't engaged in so much of the same.  If they would have just focused on the stuff he deserved it for, I would have agreed and often did.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2010, 10:09:19 AM »
The funny thing to me is that the incessant, petty attacks don't turn me away, but rather drive me to defend her more.  I would have criticized Bush a whole lot more during his Presidency if the left hadn't engaged in so much of the same.  If they would have just focused on the stuff he deserved it for, I would have agreed and often did.

I think everyone is guilty of that. Clinton supporters circled the wagons when he was going through the Lewinsky mess, and used some pretty lame statements to excuse him. The same could be said of Bush.

If someone thinks that Obama is screwing up things for his party in November, or that the Republicans are fools for liking Palin, it's probably best to follow Napoleon's advice, "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
Yeah, it all goes back into how you do it.  If you stick to the actual events and facts, it is easy to discuss it.  Once you fall back to personal attacks or take a "holier than thou" attitude, everyone gets defensive. 

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »
No, it is a completely unrelated site.
oh i forgot we had an OS(now that i think about it i think we have 3 or 4 :angel:), oops :facepalm: