Author Topic: "Night time Seat Belt Enforcement" = BS  (Read 27648 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: "Night time Seat Belt Enforcement" = BS
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
There was no cover up

ramos and campos were convicted essentially for covering up their own crime    they lied a misdemeanor into a felony

Not correct.  Ramos and Compean were involved in a purportedly legit shooting (Compean's word against a drug smuggler's word).  R and C were obligated to inform their superiors that a shooting had occured, but since said superiors were within hearing distance and had to have known about it, they didn't bother.

Then international politics got involved and someone had to be thrown under the bus.  The prosecutors twisted their failure to report something that everyone already knew into some sort of sinister cover up when it was nothing of the sort.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2010, 01:02:16 PM »
you might wanna check out the written report.  there were other witnesses and the shootings(plural) they both shot were bogus and they started when one of em hollered at the other to hit a man with his hands in the air surrendering.  thats what the fellow agents testified to in court anyway  and then they hide the shell casings to cover up started and like topsy it just grew and ate em up
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »
I read the court transcripts and reports back when it all big news.  It was clear that R and C did some dumb things, but it was also clear they didn't conspire to murder Davila and cover it up (or, if they did, there was insufficient evidence of it presented).

This is one of those instances where the public dialog bears little resemblance to the actual events.  Sorta like the public discourse over the AZ immigration law.  What the law actually says and what people say it says are way different.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
i think 14 shots from 1 and 1 from the other indicates an attempt to kill him. so did the jury. there poor markmanship notwithstanding. if they had reported what they did at worst they would hve got an administrative punishment.  the coverup is what hung em.  that and the other agents testimony.  they got screwed on sentence but they were guilty  or at least thats what a texas jury decided
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2010, 12:27:29 PM »
Cops always claim there are no quotas for tickets, that writing lots and lots of tickets doesn't help the chance for promotion etc. Does anyone really believe that?

Pretty much, yeah.  At least around here, can't speak to any other locale.  I've made the observation numerous times to numerous people that they don't write enough tickets around here.  The general attitude seems to be "no harm-no foul".  However, there are occasional "campaigns" to straighten up problem areas.  There is a joke about Las Vegas:  "How do you tell a tourist from a local?  The local is driving the fourth car through the red light."  If traffic laws are not enforced, don't expect people to follow them.

OTOH, I grew up in small-town Ohio.  I fully understand the reality of "speed traps".

And re: tag lights...  it seems that there is not a lot of concern around here about the legibility of the tag.  The major concern is that it have a current tax sticker.  Gotta keep the cash coming in, eh?   :laugh:

DD

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.