Author Topic: Outstanding rant about the state of America  (Read 19099 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Outstanding rant about the state of America
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »
Rather than hurling veiled insults, why don't we debate the issues and ideas.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »
One of us considers this important enough, because of blood involvement, to be actually be doing something to advance his cause. The other is happily scoring points on an obscure internet board where he believes himself to be a good deal of a big bug. Maidan!

What does this have to do with 'your cause'? ( I don't know what your cause is.)

What points am I scoring?

Here are facts:

The late Czarist reigns did not have mass-genocide, mass-starvation, and chistkas. Economically, the Russians enjoyed then a level of economic success and industrial output unrivaled in Russian history (the Soviets managed to get back to the same levels of industrial output ... by the late 1930's. There were jury trials, freedom of religion, and in fact you could own firearms with no hassle, etc. Taxes were low, and landownership was encouraged, blah, blah, blah.

Would I wish for the return of the Czarist era? No.

But it was comparable (in terms of how evil it was) to, say, the rule of the Kaiser in Germany in the same time period.

What it was replaced by - Lenin and Stalin - was a terrible storm of savagery and death. I am not going to get into a numerical discussion of how many people precisely were killed, (I don't need to remind you of the suffering of Ukrainians in this), but the number is easily in the tens of millions of deaths.

The difference in the grade of violence here is not the one between Stalin and Hitler, where people argue endlessly about it.

It's a whole totally new quality gap.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2014, 08:48:14 PM »
Loud bit of silence, there.