Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 21280 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Breaking news
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »
One could almost smell the baiting of his questions, and she was noticeably (and understandably) very nervous, but came across very well.  =)

I agree, Dionysusigma.  The reporter did his best to maneuver her into categorizing all militias as nuts.  To her credit, she didn't take the bait.  She did a pretty good job with the interview, overall.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
I agree, Dionysusigma.  The reporter did his best to maneuver her into categorizing all militias as nuts.  To her credit, she didn't take the bait.  She did a pretty good job with the interview, overall.

She's also the only researcher who has spent more than a few hours with us, in all the years I have been involved in this movement.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 10:48:18 PM »
CNN Video With a University of Michigan sociology student who has spent two years with us.  She has been to nearly every meeting and training in that time period:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010/03/30/nr.michigan.militia.cooter.cnn

Very nice.  You can tell she's not a professional interviewee (bit nervous), and the interviewer was certainly angling to paint the militia as whack jobs.   All and all, good job. 

Very balanced, very informed, well spoken.  Very attractive young lady in general.  I'd love to see a copy of her thesis whenever she publishes it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »
Although, I'm reminded of the works of Shan Yu a little... [tinfoil]
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams