Author Topic: Can America kill an American citizen who is outside the country without ...  (Read 1040 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
some sort of actual trial?

http://www.neptunuslex.com/2010/10/01/extrajudicial/

Where are they today, these constitutional purists, as our Commander-in-Chief avidly pursues the extrajudicial execution of an American citizen living overseas and denies judicial review?

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/0929/Can-the-US-assassinate-an-American-citizen-living-in-Yemen/%28page%29/2

I agree with Lex that the guy is a turd and has no redeeming social value.  But is he at the moment an imminent threat to the USA?

And it is assasination, which I thought at one time our government had decided it would not engage in.  I was not sure I agreed with that decision, and am still not sure I am either opposed to it or just wondering if this is not the administration I want deciding whom to off and whom not to.

So?  What says APS?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

taurusowner

I trust BHO as a Constitutional scholar and defender about as much as I would trust Stalin in the same role.

De Selby

• friend
can and will - two different things
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
I'm of the opinion that the US Government has no right/authority to execute or assassinate any US Citizen, abroad or domestically, without a proper trial.  Unless he's bearing arms on the battlefield against the US.  At which point, it's not an execution or assassination.

However, if a citizen renounces his citizenship to our country, that's another deal entirely.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!