Author Topic: Citizen's Posse For Healthcare  (Read 3260 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Citizen's Posse For Healthcare
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
Foo Fighters guitarist wants to enlist you in the citizen's posse to arrest health corporation personnel and Republicans.

1) He had to take a break from the band to make this video???

2) I don't think he has the slightest idea what the oath to protect and defend the Constitution actually means. I found the video kind of funny (as in, "to make fun of"), but having taken that particular oath, I think he needs an ass kickin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPMp2uX40Yo
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Citizen's Posse For Healthcare
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:46:08 PM »
False arrest is a felony.

One of these guys 'arrests' someone, they're going to be in deep trouble, and they're going to end up making their movement look bad.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:52:26 PM »
and they're going to end up making their movement look bad.

No they will not make their movement look "bad". The MSM will portray them as heroes. The Dems will love them.

Of course, I think he's using that more as a figurative statement, trying to encourage people to join the "citizen's Posse" to make a political statement for the bill...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:05:29 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:02:10 PM »
Their are a lot of true believers in the world, and most of the younger ones use (figuratively) the Foo Fiters and The Daily Show as their source for "truth".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:07:06 PM »
they're going to end up making their movement look bad.

Too late.  Pelosi, Obama, et al; have done that already.   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »
the reverb has made him brain deaf.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »
nah, reverb don't mess with you. it was the constant voltage going from the guitar amp though the mic amp. it done fried him good, and melted his braces. [tinfoil]

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »
Foo Fighters guitarist wants to enlist you in the citizen's posse to arrest health corporation personnel and Republicans.

May I ask, why?

He is opposed to health insurance or something?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:49:47 PM »
May I ask, why?

He is opposed to health insurance or something?

Health Care Companies = Evil White Oppressors of the Month.

Don't worry, they'll be back to oil companies as soon as universal healthcare passes...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 11:53:49 PM »

Don't worry, they'll be back to oil companies as soon as universal healthcare passes...

So never.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:48:26 AM »

So why doesn't he boycott health insurance then?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 02:55:21 PM »
. . . One of these guys 'arrests' someone, they're going to be in deep trouble, and they're going to end up making their movement look bad.
Just too stupid for words.  :facepalm:

If some self-appointed left-wing vigilantes try to "arrest" someone in Texas and make a poor choice of victim, they may very well need health care. (And that's only if they're lucky.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »
The .gov provides a lot of health care, so maybe they will arrest the President? 

Or not.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »
Anyone remember the Code Pink loony who tried to arrest Cheney and ended up in handcuffs herself?  My guess is this will end like that.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
in other words, epic entertainment. [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »
Anyone remember the Code Pink loony who tried to arrest Cheney and ended up in handcuffs herself?  My guess is this will end like that.

Ooh!  No, I don't.  Do tell.   [popcorn]

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
Ooh!  No, I don't.  Do tell.   [popcorn]

I can't seem to find the video anywhere, but a couple of years ago I seem to recall a code pink member (or some other anti-war protest group member) try to arrest Cheney while he was in the middle of giving a speech to an audience. Or maybe it was some other Bush administration official.  Can't remember. Anyway, they were detained by security and removed from the building.  Can't remember if they got charged with anything.  

I've been trying to find the video for it, but my Google-Fu is failing me...

Edit:  Google comes through again.  It was Karl Rove, not Cheney.  My bad.  Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ili0jgn_JD4
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 01:01:53 AM »
Hey, cool, thanks for the video. 

Just remember, though.  That woman is now a minor saint in the pantheon of the far-left.  Or at least in her own mind.  I doubt she's the least bit embarrassed.  Probably right proud of herself.