Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 451666 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #4800 on: January 20, 2021, 06:35:38 PM »
Biden the hero.

Get ready for Kung flu cases to drop big time. For some reason starting today you have to be presenting symptoms and test positive twice to have covid.

If this doesn't answer the deep state question for some of you I don't know what will.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4801 on: January 20, 2021, 07:26:27 PM »

Get ready for Kung flu cases to drop big time. For some reason starting today you have to be presenting symptoms and test positive twice to have covid.

Where did you hear that?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4802 on: January 20, 2021, 07:47:08 PM »
Where did you hear that?

I think it's just a prediction.  (but you heard it here first!)   :lol:

My wife watches the reported cases numbers reported by the county every day.  She gets annoyed when I ask her what exactly a "reported case" is.  ;)  Today there was no report; perhaps they are rewriting the metrics?  I expect a sharp downturn in the very near future.  Don't know if it'll be tomorrow or if they'll wait a week to allow our wonderful new leader's policies a chance to take effect.  I'm kind of expecting the downturn to start tomorrow and rapidly accelerate, but we'll never know what exactly the numbers mean because that's a closely guarded secret and therefore subject to change.

I do believe the healthcare professionals are doing the best they can and are doing a pretty good job having been dealt a bad hand.  But I also think the numbers are being manipulated for political reasons.
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4803 on: January 20, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Where? WHO.

Also today Amazon told Biden we can help get the vaccine out there for you. Was this a sudden thing they realized?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4804 on: January 20, 2021, 11:48:08 PM »
It won't be easy, as I generally don't talk to people, but there are some people I'd like to talk to about whether they are getting the Trump vaccine.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4805 on: January 21, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »
8000 Americans have died under Biden. On his first day. What a tragedy.

Oh wait we aren’t holding him to the same ridiculous standards? My mistake.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4806 on: January 21, 2021, 10:24:50 AM »
CNN
@CNN
·
4h
Newly sworn in President Joe Biden and his advisers are inheriting no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan to speak of from the Trump administration, sources tell CNN, posing a significant challenge for the new White House.
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1352209350224441344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1352209350224441344%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fsamj-3930%2F2021%2F01%2F21%2Fcannot-emphasize-enough-how-bad-this-reporting-is-cnn-claims-biden-inherited-no-plan-for-vaccinations-and-yeah-thats-bs%2F

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4807 on: January 21, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »
We are on the state Department of Health conference call every day to find out how much vaccine will be allocated and shipped to Washington state and then cascaded out to the individual counties.  There is just not much vaccine out there.  We are now vaccinating our healthcare workers with low patient contact (such as myself), and we are not sure if we will receive enough vaccine for the second dose.  In my case, I should receive my second dose around February 5th or so but we don't have any guarantees of a vaccine supply and have not even scheduled the vaccination clinics for that date until we hear about a supply.

I am not sure what the Feds can do about this, since we hear that the Pfizer and Moderna plants are already running 24/7 and are at maximum output.  There is no Federal stockpile or reserve that can be drawn upon. Probably the biggest help will be as additional vaccines (Johnson and Johnson, etc.) get emergency approval and come on line.  And of course other countries are complaining about their vaccine supply as well.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #4808 on: January 21, 2021, 10:55:19 AM »
Seems to me the feds have a vested interest in delaying the resolution of this pandemic.  Those of an unscrupulous nature might take advantage of the chaos, fear, and increasing desperation of the populace to exert control . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4811 on: January 21, 2021, 11:38:12 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4812 on: January 21, 2021, 11:45:58 AM »
China is back to forcibly evacuating villages:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19-epidemic-ravaging-northeast-china-villages-evacuated-livestock-and-crops-left-behind_3665342.html

B-b-b-b-but I thought the wise & wonderful Chinese  had successfully stopped THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN- - - - - - oooops,  I mean the even worse Covid19 virus ..... ???   [tinfoil]   ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4813 on: January 21, 2021, 02:12:59 PM »
What was it someone predicted about the numbers falling after Biden became President?

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/right-cue-biden-who-admits-high-cycle-pcr-tests-produce-massive-covid-false-positives
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4815 on: January 21, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »
Hoo, boy! The fix is in.

For months I have been tracking the COVID-19 numbers reported by my state, and keeping track of when the reported totals don't match the state's own numbers as provided in the governor's daily updates. But my state doesn't report active cases or recoveries so, for those numbers, I have been going to the global CV-19 web site at https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

I have had free and unfettered access to this site, from early May (when I first learned of it) right up through yesterday evening. I just tried to call it up for today's numbers, and suddenly I get booted out to a log-in screen that tells me that I have to have an ArcGIS account to sign in.

I'm sure this is just a coincidence.

[Update] I was able to access the same map through a different URL: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4816 on: January 21, 2021, 10:55:56 PM »
As a child, my parents exposed my brother and me to neighbor's kids that had the "mumps" but neither of us ever got them.  This was before the MMR vaccine was developed.
I did get both the Salk and Sabin polio vaccines as a child, but, other than a couple of tetanus vaccine shots for injuries, I have never had a "prophylactic" vaccine such as a flu shot.  I have also never had the flu.  I have no intention of getting this vaccine for a variety of reasons, including the growing number of reports of "incidents" that are causing harm to recipients.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4817 on: January 22, 2021, 12:06:32 AM »
I remember mom taking us to visit friends that had chicken pox.  I think she did the same with measles and my older sister brought the mumps home from school.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4818 on: January 22, 2021, 12:08:06 AM »
Looks like canning supplies will be the toilet paper of 2021.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4820 on: January 22, 2021, 04:06:25 PM »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4821 on: January 22, 2021, 05:09:01 PM »
Oh oh - The NYT went on another dangerous expedition outside of NYC.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/22/ny-times-writer-shaken-by-what-he-saw-during-1600-mile-drive-through-middle-america/

And we have our first contender for the “Biggest Pussy of 2021”. He better hope he never contracts Corona or it will definitely kill his little bitch self.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4822 on: January 22, 2021, 11:34:37 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4823 on: January 22, 2021, 11:57:30 PM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4824 on: January 23, 2021, 07:54:13 AM »
Biden says "There's nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic." That statement is cool with the MSM. I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case if a certain other person said it four days ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-nothing-we-can-do-to-change-coronavirus-pandemic-trajectory-in-coming-months

ETA: I just now saw on the teevee, that one of the biggest motivators for people voting for Biden was that he would immediately take care of the China virus.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 08:11:26 AM by Ben »