Author Topic: NRSC rejection of O'Donnell?  (Read 11193 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: NRSC rejection of O'Donnell?
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
CREW has posted their complaint against O'Donnell and their evidence for it.

What part of CREW's evidence is false or misleading?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »
chirp  chirp

thats whats makes em so mad
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2010, 08:48:30 PM »
I asked this before, of either side in this argument:

What are O'Donnell's views on specific issues? What specific policies does she want to pursue?

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is.  She did stupid stuff while in high screwl 20+ years ago.  It's not like there's no one else who didn't do dumb things when a teenager. 

I mean it's not like she plagiarized her law school writings or lied about her college experiences.  [cough] Joe Biden [\cough]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2010, 04:17:01 AM »
i bet she didn't take any foreign aid for collage either. :laugh:

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
I don't see what the big deal is.  She did stupid stuff while in high screwl 20+ years ago.  It's not like there's no one else who didn't do dumb things when a teenager. 

I mean it's not like she plagiarized her law school writings or lied about her college experiences.  [cough] Joe Biden [\cough]
I don't have a problem with the witchcraft thing.

I do have a problem with the stealing campaign contributions thing. 

And if the allegations pan out, I also have a problem with the lying about having a college degree thing.  Haven't done enough research on that to know if there's substance behind this allegation, though.

Looking forward to the next Rasmussen poll on her race.  It will be interesting to see if she's gained or lost ground since the election.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
I don't have a problem with the witchcraft thing.

I do have a problem with the stealing campaign contributions thing. 
And if the allegations pan out, I also have a problem with the lying about having a college degree thing.  Haven't done enough research on that to know if there's substance behind this allegation, though.

Looking forward to the next Rasmussen poll on her race.  It will be interesting to see if she's gained or lost ground since the election.

It is legal to pay yourself from your campaign funds.  The problem comes from not reporting such income, or bypassing the middle man to pay bills.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
Federal election law specifically names housing and utilities as items that cannot be paid from campaign donations, so she clearly broke the law by paying for her housing and utilities from campaign donations.  And the fact that she falsified the expense reports over those payments tells me she probably knew she was doing something wrong.

If she'd decided to set aside her regular career to run for office, paying herself a reasonable salary to make up for the time off work, then I'd be a lot more sympathetic.  As it is, it looks like she's a financial train wreck, robbing from the campaign coffers to make ends meet.  Running for senate year after year appears to be her only real source of income and the only way she can support her lifestyle.  I'm not sympathetic to that.

Couple that with the allegations of fraud elsewhere in her life, and the personal accounts from several people deeply involved in her campaigns, and it adds up to something pretty nasty.  Again, I haven't had time to thoroughly review some of these other issues, and I withhold judgment until then, but if they pan out...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:10:29 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
it would have behooved her to not tick off former campaign manager.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 03:13:30 AM »
I ask again: what is so awesomely conservative about Christine O'Donnell? What are her policy positions on specific issues?

What exactly is it that people are so excited about her?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »
I ask again: what is so awesomely conservative about Christine O'Donnell? What are her policy positions on specific issues?

She is being heralded as a RINOvirus©. ;)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »
when you thought you were getting rosie, anything is good? =)

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »

She supports most or all of the Tea Party's "Contract from America" platform.  Basically, smaller government, more constitutional government, and trying to get spending under control.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement#Tea_Party_agenda_.22Contract_from_America.22

The conservative Christian right also loves the fact that she's a Christian, anti-abortion, and anti-unChristian-sex.  How sincere she is in those beliefs I have no way to know.  It is slightly suspicious that after claiming such conservative values, she shared a 3-bedroom townhouse with a campaign staffer, David Hust.  This after she railed against coed dorms earlier in her career.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »
The conservative Christian right also loves the fact that she's a Christian, anti-abortion, and anti-unChristian-sex.  How sincere she is in those beliefs I have no way to know.  It is slightly suspicious that after claiming such conservative values, she shared a 3-bedroom townhouse with a campaign staffer, David Hust.  This after she railed against coed dorms earlier in her career.

Wow, you sound like a scandalized, Bible-thumping blue-hair.  Besides, you forgot to mention that plenty of non-religious people also agree with her views on sex and abortion.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
In a toast to secular leftist profundity I would offer the following:

Let he/she who is without fault, cast the first latte'. :O
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 08:36:48 PM »
Wow, you sound like a scandalized, Bible-thumping blue-hair.  Besides, you forgot to mention that plenty of non-religious people also agree with her views on sex and abortion.  =)

I'm quite sure plenty of non-religious people have a variety of outdated views. :D

My outdated view is this: I am completely aware of the fact an actual freedom-loving candidate cannot be run at this juncture. As such, Tyme's description is entirely satisfactory to me. I can see why people are excited about O'Donnell.

I predict, however, disappointment.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »

Me too, but only because she's a politician.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2010, 08:52:51 PM »
We're conservatives. Disappointment with politicians is a big part of our lives.  :lol:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »
I think this whole thread just reflects the deep distrust of the Republican Party, that has been building and building among conservatives for some time.