Author Topic: Hope and Change!  (Read 968 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Hope and Change!
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/20/AR2010092006665.html

Insurers will shortly be required to accept all children with pre-existing conditions.

COINCIDENTALLY, insurers are dropping child-only coverage now.

Whoever could have forseen this!?

And, I have to quote this because this is beautiful for capturing the left's pollyanna views:

"We're just days away from a new era when insurance companies must stop denying coverage to kids just because they are sick, and now some of the biggest changed their minds," Ethan Rome, executive director of Health Care for America Now, an advocacy group, said in a statement. "[It] is immoral, and to blame their appalling behavior on the new law is patently dishonest."

These people really are that stupid, aren't they?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Hope and Change!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »

I loved the quote by the Department of Health and Human Services drone.  Her opinion was that insurance companies should take the hit instead of doing the obvious.

Every insurance person I knew was laughing hysterically when ObamaCare passed.   They told me the number of plans offered would shrink, the marginal players would consolidate, and prices would go up.  None of this exactly being "voluntary" if they wanted to stay in business. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:16 AM »
Yeah! Let those evil insurance companies work for no money. And their employees, too! Soon no Americans will be able to afford to work for insurance companies, and all of the jobs will go to "undocumented workers".

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »
I love that the administration is saying the insurers made a commitment via a trade group letter and are expecting them to live up to that letter.  What if only a slim majority in the trade group supported this issue?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 03:30:50 AM »
"We're just days away from a new era when insurance companies must stop denying coverage to kids just because they are sick start giving away free money, and now some of the biggest changed their minds," Ethan Rome, executive director of Health Care for America Now, an advocacy group, said in a statement. "[It] is immoral, and to blame their appalling behavior on the new law is patently dishonest."

I fixed his statement for him.  Do you think he'll appreciate it?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.