Author Topic: "Pledge to America"  (Read 7463 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: "Pledge to America"
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »
massada was a stand...  the results are usually similar

San Jacinto was a stand, as was the Second Battle of Sabine Pass.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
- Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.
- Repeal and Replace health care
Entire thing should be repealed and actual reform be passed. Stuff that will, you know, cut costs rather then raise them through the roof. We don't have our numbers yet be we were warned our increase will be "significant". I'll be highly surprised if my premium jump less then 25-30%.

- Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income
Good thing by me. Not taxing them to death would be better, but allowing for a good deduction is a start.

- Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)
Again, a start. While 2008 was still a pretty big year it's a good start.

- Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward
Excellent.

- Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Works for me.

The small business schtick is pure pandering.
How is it a bad thing for them to be able to keep more of their money so they can invest it in their business? Call it pandering, I call it a good thing.

Especially with selective targeting of small business with regards to health care going into effect.  Why don't big companies deserve to be exempt from Statist bull dung?  Why don't big companies deserve to write off 20% of their income as a tax deduction?
Largely agree. But it's easier to demonstrate the benefit to small business and therefor easier to pass.

You want them to meddle in the free market.
No, I want then to get rid of the government BS that has largely helped put costs through the roof.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 07:48:03 PM »

No, they are already meddling in the free market.  I want people who are way more knowledgeable on the subject than you or I to figure out a best course of action and then we take it. 

Living forever isn't cheap.

Your words, not mine.  I don't want to live forever.

Knowledge, technology and facilities to cut a human body open and replace organs, or introduce controlled poisons to attempt to kill infections, is expensive.

Never said it wasn't.

The liability insurance on top of that is also expensive.

Yup, believe me, I understand why some aspects of medical care are so expensive.  Because crappy doctors who do things like screw up two emergency appendectomies on the same person in 10 days drive up the cost of malpractice insurance.  Or you have to drive 50 or more minutes over windy mountain roads to give birth in a maternity ward because the maternity ward at the local hospital has been shut down.  I can only assume that the lawsuits pending against the hospital had something to do with that.

Since people want to retain the power to sue in the event of misfortune, medicine will remain expensive.
Yeah, see what I wrote above.

Accept that poor health is not an excuse to ride the free health care gravy train.

WTF are you even talking about here? 

Why should the healthy subsidize your maladies?

Huh?  I don't have any maladies.  And the people I was referring to in my first post burned through a sh*t ton of money (their own) treating their maladies. 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 12:29:15 AM »
Living forever isn't cheap.

and this is why I am a SENS donor.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 03:15:02 AM »
the results are usually similar

I will alert Francis Scott Key immediately.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zahc

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »

If the market were free, I would start a medical practice tomorrow. I would charge $300 flat to set bones and $20 per stitch. I could learn everything I need to know with medical textbooks and wikipedia. I would probably be a better doctor than 90% of the doctor-in-a-box pill pushers around here too.

But of course the medical profession is beholden to the AMA cartel, which the government assists at every step. The government would actually arrest me for practicing medicine without AMA approval. Some free market.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »
If the market were free, I would start a medical practice tomorrow. I would charge $300 flat to set bones and $20 per stitch. I could learn everything I need to know with medical textbooks and wikipedia. I would probably be a better doctor than 90% of the doctor-in-a-box pill pushers around here too.

But of course the medical profession is beholden to the AMA cartel, which the government assists at every step. The government would actually arrest me for practicing medicine without AMA approval. Some free market.

And, of course, that is but ONE of the many ways government meddles in the medical market.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

earthworm

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:28 PM »
And I have wonderful offers for those who believe any of this fly.No checks or credit cards please:cash only in small,used bills.