Author Topic: Local Article on Failure of National Lead Ammo Ban  (Read 862 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Local Article on Failure of National Lead Ammo Ban
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
From the local liberal weekly. I don't know where to start on some of the quotes like (by a hunter in favor of a ban), "...gun shops would have no choice but to start carrying alternatives if a ban was passed." Because that's how you do things in America -- give people no choice in the matter.

I almost have more respect for the leftists in favor of the ban than I do for the hunter and non-lead ammo manufacturer mentioned in the article that are in favor of it.

http://www.independent.com/news/2010/sep/28/epa-wont-bite-bullet/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
Re: Local Article on Failure of National Lead Ammo Ban
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:31:58 PM »
I liked the reference to getting lead out of paint and toys.  Wasn't that because kids, being kids, put stuff in their mouths and they were ingesting lead that way?  I have never, ever seen a kid on the range picking up bullets and putting them in their mouths.  Five years of shooting at the same gravel pit, if local animals were ingesting lead and then croaking I think I would have noticed the pile of dead animals around the pit. 

I also noticed what paper carried the article.  I love California and I really like some Californians and I even agree with some of what they have done about protecting the environment (for the record I liked being stationed in NJ too, but have you ever been to Bayonne and looked at the water?) here, but I'm still counting the days till I am sprung from this place. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »
I also noticed what paper carried the article. 

You weren't by some chance stationed at the MSD or Cutter down here at some point?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »
No, I was stationed in Fort Bragg for 4 years, left for two years and then came back to the same station.  I promoted myself out of a job and this was one of the few stations open that would help me advance again so I came back.  Plus I still have some hiking and biking that I never got to on my first tour.  But sometimes I look around and think  :facepalm:.  (for all the non Californians, Fort Bragg is on the coast between Bodega Bay and Eureka)