Author Topic: "Leo Major": French for "Canadian Real-Life Rambo"  (Read 1667 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
"Leo Major": French for "Canadian Real-Life Rambo"
« on: December 26, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
http://www.ww2f.com/roll-honor-memories-wwii-obituaries/21153-private-leo-major-quebec.html

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/leomajor.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Major

Starts off WW2 by capturing a German half-track, then 80-90 Germans in one day, then attacking a German-held town by himself and routing them all, then (with the help of 20 Canucks) holding of two Chinese divisions during the Korean War.  Oh, and he did all save the first with only one eye...and most of the latter after being blown out of a Bren Carrier and breaking his back, leg, & other stuff.

If you see this guy, either RUN! or pray he is on your side:
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: "Leo Major": French for "Canadian Real-Life Rambo"
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
Dude has got some Clankers.

He marched back to camp with nearly a hundred prisoners. Thus, he was chosen to receive a DCM. He declined the invitation to be decorated, however, because according to him General Montgomery (who was giving the award) was "incompetent" and in no position to be giving out medals.

A man of real character.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:31:06 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
"Sadly, not long into the mission, Willy the Lumberjack was cheap-shotted and killed by a German machine gun.  This set off one of the most epic blood rages ever recorded."

Note to self, do not ever kill the Canadian lumberjack commando sidekick.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:20:00 PM »
So, this is the guy that taught Chuck Norris everything he knows.  I wondered who it was.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 12:37:38 AM »
Incredible guy, for sure.

He marched back to camp with nearly a hundred prisoners. Thus, he was chosen to receive a DCM. He declined the invitation to be decorated, however, because according to him General Montgomery (who was giving the award) was "incompetent" and in no position to be giving out medals.
No wonder he was only a corporal during Korea.  :laugh:

This guy performed the greatest feat of Tommy Gunnery in history. He had one armed man with him (who was killed in the first fusillade), the Germans had 100 and four US prisoners (everybody but Funk were clerks). A German had a pistol in his face, and this guy unslung his Thompson and, in company with the four prisoners grabbing German weapons to fight back, killed 21 Germans and wounded 24 in under a minute.
At that rate, he could wipe out an entire division in four hours.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
Ballsy indeed!  =D
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 07:21:44 AM »
Never underestimate the Canadians....they live closer to the polar bears and the Russians than we do....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 07:38:22 AM »
Speaking of Russians, I'm willing to bet Mr. Major could still kick Putin's behind.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »
"Leo Major"...  wasn't he the six-million dollar man?   ;/  No wonder he was so tough.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »
"Leo Major"...  wasn't he the six-million dollar man?   ;/  No wonder he was so tough.

DD

Yeah....but it's Canadian dollars, so it ends up being about three grand....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.