Author Topic: Zimmerman's Wife Arrested on Perjury Charge  (Read 9403 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: Zimmerman's Wife Arrested on Perjury Charge
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »
According to Professor Jacobson at Legal Insurrection, the perjury charge is overblown and probably won't stick. Also, the prosecutor, Angela Corey, deceptively edited the transcript to leave out clarifying information that would make a perjury charge even less likely to be successful.

Given Corey's antics antics to date (including threatening Harvard Law and Allan Dershowitz with a libel suit for Dershowitz's low opinion of the her conduct), I think she's going to end up crashing hard when this thing wraps up.

Zimmerman's own lawyer admitted they lied to the court - a perjury charge is pretty standard under the circumstances.

Also, threatening Dershowitz with a lawsuit for slander or libel shouldn't scare him at all - he does that to other people routinely, and I can only take from his lack of action that he knows how much malarkey is coming out of his own mouth.   He'd know full well Corey has nothing on him.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »
Personally I think mr and mrs Zim have proven themselves stupid beyond a reasonable doubt, but I think the shoot was probably a good shoot.

I don't think they deserve it but like Bill Munny said in Unforgiven "deserves got nothing to do with it"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »
As I heard on the radio about another case:  The jury gives a finding of Guilty or Not Guilty.  They do not necessarilly find someone innocent.  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:20:23 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
One more lie, in the vast tower of lies reaching from the street to the highest circles of political power.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
One more lie, in the vast tower of lies reaching from the street to the highest circles of political power.

huh?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 09:27:58 PM »
huh?

One of the few times I can understand and interpret a longeyes post.

You see, we have a lie by a couple embroiled in a lie perpetuated by the state so they can lie about what they really care about.  And all the race pimps are lying about what they care about.  Justice, even that is a lie anymore.

Capiche?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »
One of the few times I can understand and interpret a longeyes post.

You see, we have a lie by a couple embroiled in a lie perpetuated by the state so they can lie about what they really care about.  And all the race pimps are lying about what they care about.  Justice, even that is a lie anymore.

Capiche?

Yeah, I see that with your explanation.  I'm not sure that the perjury charges have much to do with the politics though; anyone in jail caught prepping to lie at the next hearing can expect exactly this same treatment.  It's not like they had to manufacture the charge.

In my view, Zimmerman's forming the pattern here: he keeps committing crimes on tape.  Even though his local prosecutor wanted to turn him loose, he couldn't - there was a tape.

Now even though a substantial number of people in the country want to support him as an honest citizen caught up in bad politics, they can't - he's on tape proving himself to be a liar.

I used to say on these threads that the main lesson was to avoid chasing people when armed.

New lesson of equal importance for anyone who might face legal troubles: stay off the tapes!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »
New lesson of equal importance for anyone who might face legal troubles: stay off the tapes!
Where were you with your advice when Nixon needed it?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »
Where were you with your advice when Nixon needed it?

Not in this world - I wonder if the tapes that recorded him were made in China? 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:11 AM »
Not in this world - I wonder if the tapes that recorded him were made in China?  

No, not in the early 1970s, probably they were made in Minnesota.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
Please, please, please have this case dismissed about the same time as the election fail. I don't want riots, I want epic riots so there is no hiding the fact that we have more turds than punch.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
Please, please, please have this case dismissed about the same time as the election fail. I don't want riots, I want epic riots so there is no hiding the fact that we have more turds than punch.

Agreed....that'll give me time to accumulate lots of .303Brit FMJ....just the thing for stopping waves of rampaging savages....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.