Author Topic: Zero Tolerance for Bows and Arrows  (Read 1824 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Zero Tolerance for Bows and Arrows
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:49:54 AM »
I think this is the first time I've heard of the zero tolerance rules applied to a pretend bow and arrow. From how it's represented in the article at least, it's a clear case of two kids playing. I'm glad to see that the school is being forced to rectify their stupid decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/12/parents-boy-10-suspended-for-pretending-to-fire-pretend-bow-and-arrow-want/?intcmp=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Zero Tolerance for Bows and Arrows
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »
Well, at least it's intellectually consistent.  Consistently stoopid, but at least consistent.

I was getting tired of hearing about pointed gun-fingers being punishable, but pretend ninja moves or pretend bows and arrows or pretend sword fighting being ignored.

Now we're getting to the root of the issue:  Is pretending violence, worthy of punishment?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 03:15:40 PM »
Well, at least it's intellectually consistent.  Consistently stoopid, but at least consistent.

I was getting tired of hearing about pointed gun-fingers being punishable, but pretend ninja moves or pretend bows and arrows or pretend sword fighting being ignored.

Now we're getting to the root of the issue:  Is pretending violence, worthy of punishment?

According to liberals progressives leftists?

Yes, it most certainly is. We have to train children from an early age that any violence whatsoever is wrong. Only people in positions of authority are permitted to engage in violence, and, of course, they will only engage in violence against those who deserve it.

Now, back in reality, human nature will not stand for this. Leftists don't believe in an immutable human nature so they think they can play play-dough with children to form them into what they want. (See: the leftist stance on gender being a "social construct.")

It's child abuse. It's also been long forseen. (For example, 1984, That Hideous Strength, etc... Although in both cases, the authors thought people would understand that biological underpinnings drove human nature. They vastly underestimated the human capability of self-delusion.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »
if they succeed in their goals, one day we will hear the lamentations of their women. And their men.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
I'm glad to see that the school is being forced to rectify their stupid decision.

I'm not seeing that in the article. I'm seeing a threat to sue if the punishment is not expunged, but there's no indication that the school has agreed to clear the record.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

fifth_column

• friend
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton