Author Topic: Zimmerman lawsuit against D candidates ( tweets by pete/elizabeth )  (Read 1806 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2020/02/george-zimmerman-sues-buttigieg-warren-for-265m-over-trayvon-martin-tweets.html

In a lawsuit filed in circuit court in Polk County, where Zimmerman now lives, Klayman alleges the tweets “defamed Zimmerman for political gain in misguided and malicious attempts to bolster their standings amongst African-American voters, all at Zimmerman’s expense.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Zimmerman lawsuit against D candidates ( tweets by pete/elizabeth )
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 09:37:29 PM »
Everytime you haven’t heard about Zimmerman in a while the dumb son of a bitch does something stupid and pops back up in the news
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 11:44:07 PM »
At least we get amusement at the expense of two of the most deserving dem candidates...  Let em fight,  maybe they'll all lose.

I still think Zimmerman did the world a favor removing Martin from it,  but he's the worst person every to represent an otherwise righteous shoot and the 2A community at large.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:22:19 PM by Andiron »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 09:18:35 AM »
Since Zimmerman is sort of a public figure these days due to his notoriety, does this lawsuit have any chance of moving forward?

If Zimmerman were smarter, he might start doing a podcast or youtube show or something.  He is already well know wherever he goes and a chunk of the population seems to think he murdered a 12 year old kid.  As it is, I would rather hear his lawyers speak than him.  The Proarms podcast hasn't done much new in a while, but one of their items is an interview by Massad Ayoob with Zimmerman and his lawyer.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 09:32:16 AM »
I still think Zimmerman did the world a favor removing Martin from it,  but he's the worst person every to represent an otherwise righteous shoot and the 2A community at large.

He most certainly is not.

He was a conscientious neighbor, looking out for his community. He was A TINY BIT overzealous in trying to help the police stop crime.

For that he was beaten, persecuted, mocked, and has had people TRY TO MURDER HIM over it.

I'm sick of the Zimmerman hate. After his trial, he had a lot of issues, and after what he went through, can you blame him for being angry? His marriage was destroyed by people who wanted to destroy his entire life because they wanted to get paid. And had absolutely no compunctions about destroying an innocent man so they could get paid. The most vile and wicked people in this entire story are Mr. Martin's parents and their duplicitous, blood-sucking <spit> lawyer.

Mr. Zimmerman isn't a genius. He is a simple man who was trying to do the right thing, did absolutely nothing (morally) wrong, and today is still being pilloried by people who ought to be supporting him.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 10:00:18 AM »
^^^
What he said.

Anything in the MSM about Zimmerman is going to be put out with as negative a spin as possible and I am constantly dismayed when even here the crap being spoon fed to the public is lapped up with glee.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »
Let me walk that back, because I don't want you to think I'm on the Zimmerman hate wagon.

I meant post trial Zimmerman.  That Zimmerman, even with the media slant is not who I want representing a righteous shooting.  Post trial George Zimmerman is a PR gift to the antis.

We're on the same page otherwise.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »
After his trial, he had a lot of issues, and after what he went through, can you blame him for being angry?
I don't blame him for his issues/anger. However, the fact that his issues are understandable does not make them go away.
Post trial George Zimmerman is a PR gift to the antis.
Yes, this.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 02:53:58 PM »
Let me walk that back, because I don't want you to think I'm on the Zimmerman hate wagon.

I meant post trial Zimmerman.  That Zimmerman, even with the media slant is not who I want representing a righteous shooting.  Post trial George Zimmerman is a PR gift to the antis.

We're on the same page otherwise.
Can you summarize what he did? 

The only thing I remember him getting in trouble for is not disclosing money donated to him in court.  I wasn't paying attention to the news reports at the time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 04:02:24 PM »
Can you summarize what he did? 

The only thing I remember him getting in trouble for is not disclosing money donated to him in court.  I wasn't paying attention to the news reports at the time. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 08:28:24 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman
So just crude stuff that goes relatively unnoticed unless someone has a leftist media target on their back. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 12:23:32 AM »
So just crude stuff that goes relatively unnoticed unless someone has a leftist media target on their back. 

Which is the kind of thing that makes him bad PR for Americans*.

*And by Americans, I mean gun owners.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 11:41:02 PM »
Which is the kind of thing that makes him bad PR for Americans*.

*And by Americans, I mean gun owners.

Like that even matters.