Author Topic: Hardball tonight - Rise of the new right  (Read 3594 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Hardball tonight - Rise of the new right
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
Tonight at 7 ET Chris Matthews of Hardball is doing a thing called Rise of the New Right. Looks like it is all about the Tea Party movement, militias, and looks like it will have an interview with Alex Jones. Should be interesting, lol.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Hardball tonight - Rise of the new right
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
Hmmm, "The Rise of the New Right." It almost sounds like William Shirer's book "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich."

I wonder if that was subliminally intentional? ;)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:45:47 PM »
Which in turn refers to an older book.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 03:18:30 PM »
What about the rise of the Old Right that's always been sick and tired of .gov carp, but is getting more vocal about the new .gov carp ?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:23:04 PM »
Oh great, they'll be trying to lump the Tea Parties in with that lunatic Alex Jones and the Troofers. Awesome, good job Mathews.  ;/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
Oh great, they'll be trying to lump the Tea Parties in with that lunatic Alex Jones and the Troofers. Awesome, good job Mathews.  ;/

I know we don't like it but the fact of the matter is, there are a fair number of birthers, troofers, and Jonesers mixed in with the Tea Party movement.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »

Channeling your inner Buckley again?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
Modern politics is just a branch of demonology these days.  They want us to be monsters.  So be it.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
Channeling your inner Buckley again?

You say it like it's a bad thing....

Using the lunatic fringe to try to paint an entire group as crazy is an old tactic.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »
I don't think Alex Jones is all bad. Certainly crazy but I don't think we should throw him off the boat.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »
So, was there any truth on the show tonight? I have a general policy of not watching stuff like this. (APS and other sites usually keeps me much better informed and I get to see the takes of others on issues vs. the spoon fed BS of the mainstream media)
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 12:41:27 AM »
Well, hey.  At least with Bush out of office, we don't have to deal with all of that crazy right-wing fear-mongering.  Just crazy left-wing fear-mongering.   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
Breitbart.tv has a bunch of video posted of the lovefest. I wonder if Matthews still gets the "tingle" up his leg? [barf]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »
It wasn't to bad, not like I thought it was going to be. Although he did try to portray Rand Paul in a bad light and misportrayed what he had said.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 05:37:01 PM »
I don't think Alex Jones is all bad. Certainly crazy but I don't think we should throw him off the boat.

I totally disagree, throw him off the boat, under the bus, in front of the train & into the cattle stampede.

The guy's loser followers are a huge misinformation/disinformation campaign
allways going on and on mixing real issues with bovine excrement so that average gun owners who are not aware of all the issues/cause gets confused and thinks every D is an enemy and every R a friend-and worse.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Just watched.

I don't like how it portrayed Palin as a Tea Party leader.

Then again... I don't like that Palin has usurped a position as a Tea Party leader.

I remember that one guy's speech on the trading floor that started the first new Tea Party, though.  I saw it live.  It was pretty good.

I think the final point he made was that the Tea Party currently identifies with the "hard" right principles of Reagan's mantra:  Government is not the solution to our problem... government is the problem.  Even the Republicans lost sight of that mantra, and if the Tea Party is going to pick sides, then it will do so with Republicans that it has the power to pick and choose and replace institutionalized candidates.

With the exception of McCain. :facepalm:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 07:16:39 PM »
Just watched.

I don't like how it portrayed Palin as a Tea Party leader.

Then again... I don't like that Palin has usurped a position as a Tea Party leader.

I remember that one guy's speech on the trading floor that started the first new Tea Party, though.  I saw it live.  It was pretty good.

I think the final point he made was that the Tea Party currently identifies with the "hard" right principles of Reagan's mantra:  Government is not the solution to our problem... government is the problem.  Even the Republicans lost sight of that mantra, and if the Tea Party is going to pick sides, then it will do so with Republicans that it has the power to pick and choose and replace institutionalized candidates.

With the exception of McCain. :facepalm:

If you're referring to Palin's endorsement of McCain, maybe she was just settling her VP candidate debt?
What has she done for him lately?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 07:50:58 PM »
If Palin hadn't endorsed McCain, her credibility among other politicians--even the good guys--would have been diminished. McCain gave her the national spotlight; she owes him at least an endorsement.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 02:40:32 AM »

Huh?  People listen to her; speaking when you have something to say people are willing to listen is hardly "usurping a leadership position."  If you truly believe it is, then please stop trying to take over this forum.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »
The Tea Parties are a noble attempt to stop the insanity by rational means through a return to representative government.  Whether they succeed, whether this approach is still viable in today's America, we will know on November 3, the Day After.

Chris Matthews, who realizes quite well that the Left in America is fueled by thuggery and chicanery, is projecting the essence of his own movement onto "the Right."  Like many leftists he longs for battle to be joined, even if it means not only widespread tumult but the guaranteed destruction of his forces.  I want to be optimistic and say that we will take back American and restore good government, but that's predicated on their being a good society behind it, and I no longer believe that we have a quorum of good and honest citizens in this country.  We have enough to sustain our own nation, but not enough to re-constitute the nation we see around us.  In any case, for us to even survive we are going to have to think Beyond the Good.  I know that disturbs many of us on this forum; it disturbs me too.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.