Author Topic: Pope condemns life imprisionment  (Read 3618 times)

Pb

• friend
Pope condemns life imprisionment
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
Well now.

We can't kill murderers, nor can we put them in prision for life, says the pope.

That would be evil.

We must let them out again.

;/

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-life-imprisonment-forgoes-the-right-to-start-over-69915

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Pope condemns life imprisionment
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »
We could sentence them to a day less then life.

:rofl: 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 03:11:37 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »
As they say, talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words.

Perhaps His Holiness can set a good example by HIRING convicted murderers to work at the Vatican once they're released from prison?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 11:57:55 AM »
As they say, talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words.

Perhaps His Holiness can set a good example by HIRING convicted murderers to work at the Vatican once they're released from prison?

Very good!

We can fly all our freed murders to Vatican city, and he can let them roam around free, just like God intended.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »
We could send some free range Chesters too but they grow them in house already
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »
How about we just excommunicate them to an island somewhere that no one wants.  That is a new idea that no one has thought of before. 

Or we can build bigger walls around the Vatican and send them there.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 12:13:35 PM »
I mean no offense to any resident Catholics. I know Faith, by it's nature, isn't logical, but every day I wonder more how people still bring themselves to fund the Catholic Church.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:55:36 PM by dogmush »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 12:43:58 PM »
Well now.

We can't kill murderers, nor can we put them in prision for life, says the pope.

That would be evil.

We must let them out again.

;/

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-life-imprisonment-forgoes-the-right-to-start-over-69915

But let them out where.   Over the wall at the Vatican.  All yours, Frankie.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 02:27:53 PM »
I'm Catholic as is my wife and we think that this ID10T needs to GO!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
I mean no offense to any resident Catholics. I know Faith, by it's nature, isn't logical, but every day I wonder more how people still bring themselves to fund the Catholic Church.
Others may disagree with me, but my Faith is independent of any particular religious organization or institution.  Those exist to support the Faith.  They are not the Faith. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 03:12:02 PM »
I trust in the word of God, NOT the word of MAN.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »
How does His Popeyness feel about child molesters?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 03:23:45 PM »
How does His Popeyness feel about child molesters?

Judging by his response to the Chilean bishop scandal, he seems to take the approach that if there weren't at least a dozen eyewitnesses, it didn't happen.

"I have seen no credible evidence ..." I believe was the crux of his position (as he readjusted his glacier goggles).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »
An organization run by a literal Marxist with a significant amount of pedos in it's leadership..  We should totally listen to those people.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 09:31:53 AM »

There isn't an explanation of human existence out there that isn't at the very bottom based on faith in unverifiable or unsupportable assumptions/presuppositions.

To think otherwise is to engage in self delusion.

Logic can be used to examine the various ideas and authories people put their faith in.

Logic tells me the Pope has strayed far afield and shouldn't be a trusted authority on Christian doctrine or practice, having faith in his authority would lead a person astray.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 10:20:49 AM »
Another line of thought on this.  It is a great example of how leftists always end up going against law&order and a stable society.  They 1) restrict weapons, 2) restrict self defense, and 3) limit punishments for severe crimes.  They seem to be very consistent with those goals. 

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »
Progressives have converged nearly every institution.

There is a quote along the lines of " every institution not overtly right wing will eventually become a leftist institution".

Even right wing institutions are always in danger of infiltration, compromise and eventually redefining the purpose and goals to align with leftist principles.

The RCC is a good example.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »

Even right wing institutions are always in danger of infiltration, compromise and eventually redefining the purpose and goals to align with leftist principles.

The RCC is a good example.

As is the NRA with LaPierre at the helm.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »
As is the NRA with LaPierre at the helm.

Agreed, but all is not lost yet. I hope.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 11:13:25 AM »
Agreed, but all is not lost yet. I hope.

Yeah, Wayne is getting up there is years.  He won't live forever.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »
I agree with the Pope.  The good alternative to a life sentence is to take the guilty party out the back door of the courtroom and have him/her hanged by the neck until dead.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Pb

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 09:13:39 AM »
I agree with the Pope.  The good alternative to a life sentence is to take the guilty party out the back door of the courtroom and have him/her hanged by the neck until dead.

The pope says that would be wrong!

We can't kill murders!

The vicar of Christ commands us!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 09:43:54 AM »
MechAg 94 said,

Another line of thought on this.  It is a great example of how leftists always end up going against law&order and a stable society.  They 1) restrict weapons, 2) restrict self defense, and 3) limit punishments for severe crimes.  They seem to be very consistent with those goals.

Communism thrives on disorder and discontent.  If there is none, make some.  Your points 1 and 2 are self-protective, point three allows social misfits back into society to cause more of that disorder and discontent.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 09:51:13 AM »
Others may disagree with me, but my Faith is independent of any particular religious organization or institution.  Those exist to support the Faith.  They are not the Faith. 

Half-assed Catholic here, and I agree with this. The Catholic (or any) church, is made up of fallible people. Churches have been made up of people that promoted torture, burning at the stake, drowning witches, and now, commie pinko stuff. One's faith has to transcend the people who come and go in religious institutions.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
^
"Churches have been made up of people that promoted torture, burning at the stake, drowning witches, and now, commie pinko stuff. One's faith has to transcend the people who come and go in religious institutions."

The trouble is, the latter don't put the brakes on the former.

If they do, that's how new denominations are formed.

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 03:26:46 PM by 230RN »