Author Topic: Holy Cool!  (Read 590 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Holy Cool!
« on: November 26, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/electroninks/circuit-scribe-draw-circuits-instantly

Circuit Scribe:  A ballpoint pen that lays down a conductive ink.  Prototyping circuits is stoopid-easy.  I think prototyping multi-layer PCB's would also be pretty easy with this, also using paper.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Holy Cool!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:58:54 PM »
I could almost see a second pen of some sort of non-conductive liquid paper correction fluid, that instead of corrections, makes multiple layers possible.  Paint a little stripe of it over the first circuit trace and draw another.
I promise not to duck.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
My "Brother from another Mother" uses rear window defogger repair paint(?) to repair broken or burned traces on PCBs. Once upon a time he repaired my then new, biggest, baddest video card available (ATI Radeon 9700 Pro) after one of the traces to the PCI slot got fried. I couldn't send it back as it wasn't the manufacturer's fault and I had heavily modified the card. I also couldn't get another $350 past the wife.

Wouldn't surprise me if the inventor of the circuit scribe might have used similar techniques in the past.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:46:17 PM »
If they include some kind of eletroluminescent ink pen... forget about Crayolas  :cool:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"