Author Topic: Found the next way to spend $100...  (Read 1234 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Found the next way to spend $100...
« on: December 16, 2013, 12:45:45 AM »
Squaresoft is re-releasing the earlier Final Fantasy games.  The 8 bit and 16 bit Nintendo era games.

But... they're re-doing the graphics engines for them and making them available for Android devices.

I lurvs me my Final Fantasy games.  At $15 a piece, it's a bit stiff... but not too onerous for as much play time as they yield.  And the new graphics engines applied to the original story arc is an interesting twist on games for droid.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:57:45 AM »
I played the iOS release of the original... It was good.

I guess I'll need to pick up a cheap android device if they release 6 (or 3... Whichever naming scheme they revert to)
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Found the next way to spend $100...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 12:08:17 AM »
Looks like the games are half-off in the Google Play store through January 5th. If I had an Android tablet I'd get them, but I'm not sure the screen size of a phone would work that well.
Andy

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:23 AM »
Looks like the games are half-off in the Google Play store through January 5th. If I had an Android tablet I'd get them, but I'm not sure the screen size of a phone would work that well.

The really early FF games were intended for screen resolutions much less than any of the semi-modern androids.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:49 AM »
I'm not sure how easy it would be to manipulate the game on a phone-size screen.

Can you install an app purchased from the Google Play store on multiple android devices?
Andy

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:09:06 PM »
I'm not sure how easy it would be to manipulate the game on a phone-size screen.

Can you install an app purchased from the Google Play store on multiple android devices?

These games are reported to be heavily DRM'ed.

And with the screen serving as both the gamepad and the display device, I think a 7" device is the smallest I would suggest.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:14:22 PM »
I have a SNES emulator on my phone with support for that clip on gamepad thing
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog