Author Topic: Chinese Businessman is Template for Humility  (Read 1590 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Chinese Businessman is Template for Humility
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/humble_chinese_billionaire_has_designed_the_perfect_template_for_your_next

"Businessman" may be a bit of a misnomer.  More like "megalomaniacal billionaire."

All I know is I'm getting business cards like this.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
Re: Chinese Businessman is Template for Humility
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:32:45 PM »
He forgot 'Most Ethical Businessman in China' -which may in fact be true.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:04:42 AM »
He forgot to list the he was SPECTRE employee of the month.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
What is "preservation demolition?"  And how does one become an expert in it?

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »
He forgot to add "Coolest Flat Top Haircut"   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 03:42:27 PM »
What is "preservation demolition?"  And how does one become an expert in it?

I think that can be taken two ways - either he's an expert at taking down buildings without taking down the buildings NEXT to the demo'd building(a real concern in many places), or he has specialized training in things like asbestos removal so that the site of a demo'd building doesn't become a hazmat site.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
I think that can be taken two ways - either he's an expert at taking down buildings without taking down the buildings NEXT to the demo'd building(a real concern in many places), or he has specialized training in things like asbestos removal so that the site of a demo'd building doesn't become a hazmat site.

I'd go with the former in this case, because I don't think the latter matters in China.

Barack Obama

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »
SOB copied my biz card....!!!!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »

Or he demolitions nature preserves.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »
I have a lot of fairly inappropriate comments for this...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Chinese Businessman is Template for Humility
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 11:50:21 AM »
Or he demolitions nature preserves.

Or preserves demolition sites. For posterity... maybe?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09:50 AM »
I'd go with the former in this case, because I don't think the latter matters in China.

Actually, I think it matters if the person funding the demolition is going to be living there afterwards... 

Just because the vast majority don't care doesn't meant that there isn't a section of industry the size of the USA's that DOES, because they're building some multi-billionaire's mansion, and the billionaire wants it done right.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »
Actually, I think it matters if the person funding the demolition is going to be living there afterwards... 

Just because the vast majority don't care doesn't meant that there isn't a section of industry the size of the USA's that DOES, because they're building some multi-billionaire's mansion, and the billionaire wants it done right.

So you are saying that the free market may push for a cleaner environment? Unpossible.

Barack Obama