Author Topic: James Yeager is dying  (Read 854 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
James Yeager is dying
« on: March 16, 2022, 06:20:54 PM »
I know.  People here are not a fan of James Yeager as a firearms trainer or expert.  Me too.  But, I caught a video at lunch today in which Yeager was talking about his having ALS.  He is noticeably thinner, and you can hear in his speech that he's not right.

Not a fan, but I wouldn't wish that horror on him.  May he find peace and comfort as the end comes.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Andiron

• friend
Re: James Yeager is dying
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 06:38:03 PM »
I clicked this assuming that moron had been mortally wounded after someone finally accepted his offer to duel.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 06:49:18 PM »
He did an interview with John Lovell yesterday. He has joined the Ukrainian Foreign Legion, and from the way it sounded to me, might, while not looking for a bullet, not be displeased if one got him before the ALS does. He seemed totally prepared for death and commented on how he has felt lucky to have lived a good life.

He hates my 1911, but I wouldn't wish the ALS on anybody. I hope he finds peace in his remaining time on Earth.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 09:20:08 PM »
Ben, that interview is what clued me in.  Honestly, I hardly recognized Yeager, between the weight loss and the speech issues.  Dug into Yeager's YouTube channel and saw it is him, and his announcement that he has ALS.

Like I said, I wasn't a fan.  But no hatred for the man.  And sure didn't want to see that he had a horrible yerminal illness.  As for Ukraine, I agree.  Maybe he's hoping to have an impact in his final days, or maybe just trying to avoid lying in a bed waiting for death to come for him.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 11:22:05 AM »
I don’t have the inclination to go watch a bunch of his YouTube videos.  What was the problem folks had with him?
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 12:12:18 PM »
I have heard some people liked him and some didn't.  He wasn't someone I ever followed all that much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 12:24:00 PM »
I don’t have the inclination to go watch a bunch of his YouTube videos.  What was the problem folks had with him?
Part of it is probably his cocky "only one right way" approach.

Part of it might be that he has challenged a bunch of internet loudmouths (many of whom called him a coward for how he handled an ambush when he was working as a PMC) to combat to the death.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 12:42:37 PM »

He's more lolcow than hated e-celeb.  It was fun to watch him sperg out over comment trolls.

Here's the gauntlet, should any of you want to pick it up.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 06:27:49 PM »
James Yeager has died from ALS.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 07:43:48 PM »
James Yeager has died from ALS.

Hadn't seen that news.  Peace to him and his family.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 04:30:53 AM »
I"m sorry to hear this news. James Yeager was quite the abnoxious opinionated loudmouth himself though and it got him in trouble a lot . He always reminded me of Heathcliff the cat for some reason. I don"t think there is room for more caracters like him in this censored world we live in now, so I guess this marks the closing of an era in some way.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"