Author Topic: For your amusement: Justice Alito mouths, "Not true" to Obama criticism of SC.  (Read 7929 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Politico is running an entertaining video of Justice Samuel Alito mouthing the words "not true" when President Barack Obama criticized the Supreme Court's campaign finance decision during his SotU address tonight.  I wonder when the calls for Justice Alito's resignation will start?

Video here

The reaction of the New York delegation both in the video and afterwards in comments to reporters is priceless.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

longeyes

• friend
Obama was out of line.  This guy was a "Constitutional law professor?"

But every day this country slouches toward becoming "Honduras."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Bruce H

Will POTUS be upset this morning when SCOTUS sends him a note telling him to bring his birth certificate over? =D
It is possible to always be wrong.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

CNYCacher

• friend
"I don't think American elections should be controlled by the nations biggest interests, or by foreign corporations, they should be decided by the American people."

Oh really?  So you are saying that if a corporation can donate to a campaign, then they can "control" the election?  You're saying that with enough advertising dollars, the people will be helpless to vote for whoever has the most money?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Does it creep everybody else out as much as it does me to see Pelosi smile?

alex_trebek

• friend
I really hated the foreign contribution angle. From the guy who supposedly took online campaign donations from foreigners.

Standing Wolf

• friend

It's not polite to make fun of people suffering from neurological diseases. If you lost half your brain in a car wreck, would you want people to laugh at you?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon

Combining predatory and clueless in one visage.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
At least Pelosi wasn't bobbing up and down as much as she was the last time BHO spoke before Congress.

As for SCOTUS throwing out a good part of the McCain/Feingold First Amenedment Repeal Act . . . did I hear right when Barry said they'd overturned 100 years of practice? I could've sworn it was signed into law by Bush 43 . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Sergeant Bob

• friend

I don't have a clue what yer gettin' at but, I'm LMAO!!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
At least Pelosi wasn't bobbing up and down as much as she was the last time BHO spoke before Congress.

As for SCOTUS throwing out a good part of the McCain/Feingold First Amenedment Repeal Act . . . did I hear right when Barry said they'd overturned 100 years of practice? I could've sworn it was signed into law by Bush 43 . . .
That wasn't the first law to restrict corporate political speech from what I have heard.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Due to too many face lifts, there is a winch at the back of her neck that pulls on each corner of her mouth when it is time to smile.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
"Well I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities.
Do you mean "foreign entities" like George Soros?  I guess only those foreign entities that disagree with you.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
I really hated the foreign contribution angle. From the guy who supposedly took online campaign donations from is a foreigners.

ftfy.   =D

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
I recorded the speech, but I didn't watch it.  I heard a clip earlier on the radio.  I really can't believe he actually blamed Bush for some of our current problems during the freaking State of the Union Speech.  That is just a bit too much.  Childish is the word I heard used on the radio.  I can't think of a better one.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
I don't have a clue what yer gettin' at but, I'm LMAO!!

I think I will build out a triptych tonight of obama finger waggling & Biden & Pelosi derping

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
"I don't think American elections should be controlled by the nations biggest interests, or by foreign corporations, they should be decided by the American people."

Oh really?  So you are saying that if a corporation can donate to a campaign, then they can "control" the election?  You're saying that with enough advertising dollars, the people will be helpless to vote for whoever has the most money?
What he's saying is that only big groups of people who support him should be allowed to control elections.  Other groups of people should be barred from participation in politics.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

grey54956

Interesting...

I am waiting for SCOTUS to rule 5-4 in favor of machine guns for all...

After the SOTU address, what with Dear Leader insulting the folks who blasted McCain-Feingold, I could see it happening.  I could see a lot of interesting rulings.  Given that the current administration seems disdainful of the Constitution, the SCOTUS may actually move to generously and liberally (not Liberally) rule in favor of Constitutional protections for just about anything...
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
He really does think he's FDR, doesn't he?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

drewtam

• friend
Its my understanding the corporations are banned from donating directly to political parties. And SCOTUS didn't really touch that issue.

On the otherhand, its funny the way McCain-Feingold barred corporations from political speech during elections.
Except:
TV
Newspapers
Books

Anybody in the establishment media (read: more equal corporations) could participate in political speech. Its just those nasty manufacturing and engineering companies that aren't allow to participate in political speech.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Does anyone think that McDonalds or Merck is going to alienate their customers by supporting one candidate over another?

The bill was designed to protect incumbents, and Democrats are worried right now about Democrat incumbents.