Author Topic: Dallas salon owner jailed for defying police state  (Read 7214 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Dallas salon owner jailed for defying police state
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2020, 10:33:51 AM »
Would be funny as hell if this guy showed up.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a28472/texas-man-parks-sherman-tank-in-his-front-yard/

Watch the Paunch Platoon collectively *expletive deleted*it their pants as the turret slowly traverses towards their little toy. Maybe even have a giant "BANG!" flag pop out of the barrel for comedic effect.

I'm usually fully supported of law enforcement, at least around these parts. Most of them are good folks doing their job with the proper mindset and sense of restraint. This group, however? I hope they get their asses handed to them, both in real court and the court of public opinion. What they did was nothing short of jackbooted thuggery.

Brad
I think that tank has since gone to a muzeum.  That guy ran for mayor of Houston last year.  Lost.

I think the tank was only supposed to be there for a day or so, but after some complaints, he decided to leave it there a couple weeks.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2020, 10:46:38 AM »
In the comments
Very well could be the costs of such a large trial was too much for them
I think the entire case was completely mismanaged by the former prosecutor.  They arrested and held hundreds of people on $1 Million bonds.  I think they mismanaged the evidence and couldn't prove who did what.  There was also a lot of people asking how many people police sharpshooters shot.  I don't remember was the coroner's information showed. 

There are also numerous on-going lawsuits from all that so maybe they are trying to settle and put the whole thing behind them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2020, 10:49:10 AM »
I sympathize with Open Carry Texas. Their folks were scooped up by LARPers on BS charges that even a cursory reading of the law would show was wrong.

And I am well into NWA territory on department's that roll around in military gear like they are doing a cordon and search in Fallujah. If I were emperor for a day every one of those cops would be unemployed with their Law Enforcement certifications canceled. We have a real problem with petty tyranny in the US and that Sheriff seems to be on the forefront. If I thought it could end well with the Sheriff being cucked and embarrassed in public, I'd be cheering OCT.

However,  I suspect that the LEO's ego is too involved,  and Meal Team Six will just escalate until there are a bunch of innocent folks in jail, or someone gets shot.  Because whatever the first protest was doing, the second one is absolutely carrying firearms to "intimidate the police" and that idiot won't allow himself to appear publicly intimidated. So OCT will have to be forced to bend the knee, whatever it takes.

Sidenote: didn't someone show up to an OC protest recently with an AT-4?  We need that guy when they roll their MaxxPro out again.
I don't remember the AT-4, but someone showed up to the Virginia protest last year carrying a Barrett 50. 

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2020, 09:24:09 AM »
Saturday's OCT follow-up protest wrapped without incident. No statement from Sheriff Griffis, who conveniently took the day off.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2020, 09:55:43 AM »
Saturday's OCT follow-up protest wrapped without incident. No statement from Sheriff Griffis, who conveniently took the day off.

Brad

Even if the protest didn't involve BLM, I guess even that dummy knew that the optics of showing up with his MRAP and Meal Team would be horrible for him, given what has been going on the last couple of weeks.

It's a shame if riots are what caused him to rethink his policies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2020, 03:16:56 PM »
And now Sheriff Griffis has the unmitigated gall to start posting the Pledge of Allegiance to their FB page almost every day.

https://www.facebook.com/ectorcountysheriffsoffice/

It also appears they've been rigorously sanitizing comments to their FB posts. I thought a public office wasn't legally able to edit/restrict FB comments under Free Speech provisions?

Brad
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:46:25 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »

It also appears they've been rigorously sanitizing comments to their FB posts. I though a public office wasn't legally able to edit/restrict FB comments under Free Speech provisions?

They aren't supposed to be allowed to do that, but I don't know if there is a SCOTUS ruling or only lower court rulings that might not apply in Texas unless/until someone sues and wins.

I'm still looking for the exact language of the sheriffs' oath of office. It might not hurt to remind him of that as a counter to the Pledge. I did find this:

https://www.sheriffstx.org/about

Every Texas Sheriff, upon assuming their office, took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the great state of Texas. Of course, the Sheriffs of Texas are committed to uphold their oath of office. It goes without saying that Texas Sheriffs recognize that Amendment II of the Constitution provides that “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” and that Amendment IV provides that “the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated…”

[Edit to add] Found it:

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CN/htm/CN.16.htm

Sec. 1.  OFFICIAL OATH OF OFFICE.  (a) All elected and appointed officers, before they enter upon the duties of their offices, shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I, _______________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of ___________________ of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:53:37 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design