Author Topic: I am a Hypocrite  (Read 2379 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I am a Hypocrite
« on: November 08, 2016, 06:38:26 PM »
My confession - I am a hypocrite.

I made a pretty big deal around here this time around about almost certainly doing a write-in vote. I was actually still up in the air and leaning that way until the last minute. Clinton getting off on the national security stuff, and being absolutely smug about it, plus all the wikileaks stuff was my last straw. I put in the FU vote for Trump.

I still don't believe Trump will make a good president (I would love for him to prove me wrong). I just decided that I had to vote against Clinton. I had to vote against the establishment (both R&D). I had to vote for shaking up the system. A small percentage of my vote for Trump was an FU to the establishment R's that said I should vote for Clinton instead of third party or write-in.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: I am a Hypocrite
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:41:03 PM »
I couldn't do it.  I couldn't vote for either of them, my conscious doesn't allow it.  I wrote in Mickey and Donald.  Doesn't matter, Trump is certainly going to take Montana's 3 electoral votes.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
This was my first election voting "against". Before, I voted for a third party or wrote-in or abstained. But I also didn't live in a swing state then.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »
With ya buddy, I wimped out and did the FU vote and voted for Trump.

I wasn't even sure how it was going to go down when I walked in the building, although I'd been rationalizing it very heavily the last couple days.

The main difference between today and other lesser of two evil votes I've made in the past is that I'm not really invested in the Republicans at all. It was an FU to them as much as it was to the Dems and the media.

I voted for disruption.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »
I voted for Gary Johnson, I voted against the 2 party system.

Both parties can take a long trip to hell on a burning garbage barge.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »

It felt wonderful to vote against Mark Kirk. I voted L on that one.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
This time around, I have no problem with anyone who voted for anybody but Clinton. I normally respect any vote anyone makes, no matter how much I disagree with it, and respected the votes of anyone who voted for Obama the last couple of times. Heck, I even respected votes for Jimmy Carter that time around. :)

I just don't think I can forgive a Hillary Clinton vote.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 07:23:10 PM »

That was my vote. If this election cycle has proven anything, it's that the two parties ruling this country are crap and need to go.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 07:34:21 PM »
My confession - I am a hypocrite.

I made a pretty big deal around here this time around about almost certainly doing a write-in vote. I was actually still up in the air and leaning that way until the last minute. Clinton getting off on the national security stuff, and being absolutely smug about it, plus all the wikileaks stuff was my last straw. I put in the FU vote for Trump.

I still don't believe Trump will make a good president (I would love for him to prove me wrong). I just decided that I had to vote against Clinton. I had to vote against the establishment (both R&D). I had to vote for shaking up the system. A small percentage of my vote for Trump was an FU to the establishment R's that said I should vote for Clinton instead of third party or write-in.

Pretty much were I ended up, what with the weirdness coming from the current L. candidates.  Not happy about it.

I voted for disruption.

I've been telling folks that I voted for the "brick through the windshield".  Everyone has gotten it.  Even the Bernie man I was chatting with after early voting Saturday didn't seem to have a problem with it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »
Early on I was convinced Trump was a Hillary stalking horse.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
It felt wonderful to vote against Mark Kirk. I voted L on that one.

**** yeah!

Mu usual rules applied.  L. if possible, R. if not, blank if unopposed.  D. only in very strange circumstances.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »
**** yeah!

Mu usual rules applied.  L. if possible, R. if not, blank if unopposed.  D. only in very strange circumstances.

That's a nice system. Add "Vote out the incumbent" and you've got a winner!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 08:17:11 PM »
This time around, I have no problem with anyone who voted for anybody but Clinton. I normally respect any vote anyone makes, no matter how much I disagree with it, and respected the votes of anyone who voted for Obama the last couple of times. Heck, I even respected votes for Jimmy Carter that time around. :)

I just don't think I can forgive a Hillary Clinton vote.

I'm with you.   I respect anyone who votes their conscience.   And, I believe Jimmy Carter is a good person, just not a great president.   I voted 3rd party.  Trump didn't earn my vote.  Clinton...no way.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 08:43:02 PM »
Trump didn't earn my vote.  Clinton...no way.

Believe me Chris, he didn't earn mine either. He was just the vehicle of my "brick through the windshield" as Lee so aptly put it.

Though I will give him credit for a sound economic policy.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »
Believe me Chris, he didn't earn mine either. He was just the vehicle of my "brick through the windshield" as Lee so aptly put it.

Though I will give him credit for a sound economic policy.

I honestly don't think Trump will turn out nearly as bad a President as Clinton will. For all he is an obnoxious jerk, I really don't hate him. He just has always come across to me as a buffoon and inspires more facepalm from me than fear or hate.

If anything, I'm pretty ambivalent towards him and I do hope he wins, since Pure Evil is the other option.

However, for me, the most important issue in this election is not the issues of two parties, but the two parties themselves. So that's how I voted. *shrug* I hope the overall combined number of third party and write in's is big and gets some real attention this time around. I think that's more important than the R and D numbers.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: I am a Hypocrite
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
I'm with you.   I respect anyone who votes their conscience.   And, I believe Jimmy Carter is a good person, just not a great president.   I voted 3rd party.  Trump didn't earn my vote.  Clinton...no way.
Meh, i disagree.  

We live in the real world not one of athens' sophist salons.  If your state is almost certainly to swing one way, one more vote wont matter.  Vote for bozo the clown.

If your state is in play and you dont try to thwart the greater evil for fear of sullying your hands you might as well join the ranks of ineffectual *let's not go there* with rod dreher, a man who will never accomplish anything close to his objectives because he will always find a reason for inaction due to the impurity of allies or imperfection of execution.

The real world is messy.  Dont let that mess or the evil enemy twist your values into the garrot they will use to strangle you.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re: Re: I am a Hypocrite
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 09:07:13 PM »
Meh, i disagree.  

We live in the real world not one of athens' sophist salons.  If your state is almost certainly to swing one way, one more vote wont matter.  Vote for bozo the clown.

If your state is in play and you dont try to thwart the greater evil for fear of sullying your hands you might as well join the ranks of ineffectual *let's not go there* with rod dreher, a man who will never accomplish anything close to his objectives because he will always find a reason for inaction due to the impurity of allies or imperfection of execution.

The real world is messy.  Dont let that mess or the evil enemy twist your values into the garrot they will use to strangle you.

I'm not sure where you are going with this. First, you're all like "world is messy, vote for lesser of two evils!!" and then you rant about not letting mess or evil enemy twist your values?

I can safely say that I voted based on my values despite the mess.
I also think if more people would vote with there values and not for the lesser of two evils, the real world wouldn't be so messy at the moment.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: I am a Hypocrite
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 09:51:51 PM »
I'm not sure where you are going with this. First, you're all like "world is messy, vote for lesser of two evils!!" and then you rant about not letting mess or evil enemy twist your values?

I can safely say that I voted based on my values despite the mess.
I also think if more people would vote with there values and not for the lesser of two evils, the real world wouldn't be so messy at the moment.
Example
Team A..."I will not fight on sunday because i prefer to keep it holy."

Team B...Attacks on sunday, slaughters Team As men and boys, and enslaves and rapes their women and girls.

Dont be Team A.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: I am a Hypocrite
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 10:04:05 PM »
Example
Team A..."I will not fight on sunday because i prefer to keep it holy."

Team B...Attacks on sunday, slaughters Team As men and boys, and enslaves and rapes their women and girls.

Dont be Team A.

Or Team A could say, "I won't start a fight on Sunday, but I reserve the right to defend myself with force should I be attacked on a holy day."

I'm not starting a fight, but be damn if I won't finish one if you bring it to my door.

Your assumption about Team A's values is telling.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 08:26:04 AM »
Utah gave a big FU to everyone with McMullen getting 21% of the vote.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:35 AM »
I had no problem voting Trump as I had no idea which way my state was going to swing and I knew it would be close.
Its a lot easier to vote 3rd party in places like California, New york, or Utah where there is an overwhelming majority going one way.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump. He didn't earn my vote.

I did hope he would win and NOW, I hope he can earn my vote in 2020.

So thank you to all who rolled the dice on him.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »
Well, people have been talking about running government like a business for decades.  Now we have a businessman in the White House. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 02:09:14 PM »
As a hypocrite, Ben, you're just a rookie. You can't possibly match Hillary for hypocrisy:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-we-owe-donald-trump-an-open-mind-172243272.html

Clinton, flanked by her husband, Bill Clinton, and running mate, Tim Kaine, said the country must “cherish” and defend its constitutional rights.

“Our democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power,” Clinton said. “We don’t just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things: the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too, and we must defend them.”

She concluded her remarks with a biblical passage, quoting from Galatians 6:9: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Take a lesson from a master ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design