Main Forums > The Roundtable

No DUI in crash that killed Biden's 1st wife, but he's implied otherwise

<< < (2/4) > >>

Monkeyleg:
"...he thinks the guy was drinking..."

After 25 years, you'd think he'd know whether the other driver had been drinking or not. If it were my wife, I'd sure as hell find out.

When he drags out the story of his late wife on the campaign trail, it's political. If he wanted it to be private, he'd have shut his pie hole about it for the last 26 years.

De Selby:

--- Quote from: Monkeyleg on September 21, 2008, 05:59:08 PM ---"...he thinks the guy was drinking..."

After 25 years, you'd think he'd know whether the other driver had been drinking or not. If it were my wife, I'd sure as hell find out.

When he drags out the story of his late wife on the campaign trail, it's political. If he wanted it to be private, he'd have shut his pie hole about it for the last 26 years.

He may have believed it all along and thought the cops were mistaken, or that they just didn't care-not really enough info to say from the article, but this can hardly be called a centerpiece of his campaign...it's the first I've ever seen of it, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that most people who come across this piece didn't even know this accident occurred.

If it were more central to his campaign, like Edwards's story about his son's death and his wife's illness, I'd be much more critical, but this snippet just doesn't seem to be a real campaign-making story of Biden's. 

Monkeyleg:
Shootinstudent, I've heard Biden mention this many times in every presidential campaign he's run in (what is it now, 16 campaigns?). He's embellished on stories about his life so often that it's probably difficult for him to remember who he really is.

De Selby:

--- Quote from: Monkeyleg on September 21, 2008, 06:58:23 PM ---Shootinstudent, I've heard Biden mention this many times in every presidential campaign he's run in (what is it now, 16 campaigns?). He's embellished on stories about his life so often that it's probably difficult for him to remember who he really is.

Can't argue with that-he's a stereotypical politician, for sure. 

MicroBalrog:
Guys, explain this to me, please, I'm a bit confused.

What benefit does Biden gain from doing this? I don't doubt this story, I'm just dumbfounded as to why someone would come up  with such a strange lie.

How does the claim his wife was killed by a drunk  driver rather than a non-drunk driver help Biden politically? Sympathy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version