Author Topic: Top Gear Polar Race Special  (Read 1076 times)

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
Top Gear Polar Race Special
« on: July 31, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »
I watched this when it was on the T.V recently, and now it has made it's way to the intarwebnetz. The show has been split into six 9-10 minute video clips, for a total viewing time of just under an hour. I don't know how long the clips will be up for (some shows/trailers get pulled pretty quickly), so for those who are interested, here is a link to the videos: http://dailycarvideos.com/2007/07/29/top-gear-polar-race/

Screenies:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Top Gear Polar Race Special
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »
Kinda unrelated, but what "historical reference" is it that tells of an English knight named Billefort etc etc?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 03:43:31 PM »
I don't believe there is a single credible reference/source to back the quote up with, but a tiny technicality like that isn't getting between me and a quote that awesome. grin
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »
Who needs something that big to fight the Frogs?  A six-pounder will do fine.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bunni

• imfdb.org
    • Internet Movie Firearms Database
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »
I loved when the Swedes popped that tire back on with the lighter fluid. Very cool.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
Fistful - this is back when the Froggies knew how to fight.  grin The Danish (Viking) blood in them was less watered down in 1315.  shocked

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:17:36 AM »
Oh, I know, I know.  But I prefer not to let fact interfere with my Frog-bashing. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:58:45 AM »
 grin I understand competely.

Watching this special made me want my own Husky dog team.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 12:18:17 PM »
"This video is no longer available".  sad
I loved when the Swedes popped that tire back on with the lighter fluid. Very cool.

Sounds like the same thing some truck mechanics do with starting fluid to mount truck tires.

WHOOMP!!!!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:33 AM »
How can they drive to the North Pole? I thought there was no ice left with all the global warming. shocked
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »
They just  rock-hop over the carcasses of all the drowned polar bears and dead harp seals. Easy enough with studded tires.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
For those that missed it, here is another link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeJj1myZOVY Part 1 of 7

The rest (2-7) can be found in the sidebar next to the video, in the 'related' section.