Author Topic: Dog Shoots Man  (Read 956 times)

Marnoot

• friend
Dog Shoots Man
« on: August 01, 2007, 05:41:44 AM »

A Memphis man is in critical condition Wednesday after his dog shot him in the back.

Police say King George, a 150-pound Great Dane, accidentally knocked a .22-caliber pistol off his owner's end table around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. The gun went off, hitting his owner in the back, MyFOXMemphis.com reports.

Click here to watch the MyFOXMemphis.com report.

"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com. "He was always protective. I didn't think he would be like that."

Neither King George, being a dog, nor his owner, who lives in the Raleigh section of Memphis, will face charges in the shooting. Police have ruled it as an accident.

But Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com that she fears what her fiancee will do to the pet once he gets out of the hospital.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Dog Shoots Man
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:42:43 AM »
Here in Nashville about 6 months ago a man was out duck hunting and his dog accidentally discharged the man's shotgun, hitting him in the stomach and he died.  Very sad.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »
Man's best friend indeed......
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:04:30 PM »
"Neither King George, being a dog, nor his owner, who lives in the Raleigh section of Memphis, will face charges in the shooting."

So the dog won't face charges? What if they charged him? Could the defense call him to testify and, if so, what would he say?

Sheesh.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »
"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com.
But Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com that she fears what her fiancee will do to the pet once he gets out of the hospital.

Sounds like her fiancee is a real winner. One, she thinks the dog was smart for shooting him, two, she's afraid he's going to harm the dog.

Wonder if he already beats her?  rolleyes

So the dog won't face charges? What if they charged him? Could the defense call him to testify and, if so, what would he say?

They'd accuse the dog of having poor muzzle discipline.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 12:07:49 AM »
I suspect she shot him & is pinning it on the dog. Hey, it works for some when passing gas.  laugh
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »
that will teach the owner to not be be cheap when buying doggie treats!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."