Author Topic: NYC survivalist?  (Read 3789 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
NYC survivalist?
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »
http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/34/31/dtg_poachersbusted_2011_08_06_bk.html

some of the comments are awesome, great fun telling NYers its their fearless leaders fault.

to be honest this has been going on a long time, I remember a bonkers homeless guy grilling pigeons and eating them
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:13:41 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: NYC survivalist?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:49:15 AM »
I always thought hardcore survival in NYC required a mullet, eye-patch, MAC-11 with silencer and ridiculous deer-rifle scope, and a native guide who looks suspiciously like Ernest Borgnine.

But hey, what do I know.  ???
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »

I understand wildlife laws but it seems here we have a conflict of needs between people who need to watch cute furry and feathery animals in a pristine?  ;/ setting vs. the audacious need of someone to eat. If you're eating pigeons you're just not the guy poaching trophy bucks, there is a need, and a pretty desperate one.

Arrest them all, put them up in a halfway house, give them community service jobs cleaning the park that include 3 hots and a cot until the weather warms up next spring or they can prove a means to support themselves.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »
wasn't this how robin hood got his start?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:44:32 PM »
Wrapping a small treble hook in peanut butter and peanuts and casting it out with a short steel leader works WONDERS on squirrels...
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »
these homeless are nearly feral ... some of them are.

there are no bathrooms/kitchens for them to use, no way to store food safely - no way for them to get any job, they are so badly scarred from psychosis they couldn't put pegs in holes. Who is going to hire a disheveled stinky mumbling fool? Well besides the ones in office that liberals voted for :lol:

really, these folks need to be captured, hosed down, and scrubbed. locked up and forced to take anti psychotics, taught how to shower and wipe their butt & be managed.

These are the people that used to be in asylums due to being incapable of living on their own. ... they cant get to a soup kitchen, cant figure out how to get on food stamps, can barely even talk. They're feral smelly insane reavers... 
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
these homeless are nearly feral ... some of them are.

there are no bathrooms/kitchens for them to use, no way to store food safely - no way for them to get any job, they are so badly scarred from psychosis they couldn't put pegs in holes. Who is going to hire a disheveled stinky mumbling fool? Well besides the ones in office that liberals voted for :lol:

really, these folks need to be captured, hosed down, and scrubbed. locked up and forced to take anti psychotics, taught how to shower and wipe their butt & be managed.

These are the people that used to be in asylums due to being incapable of living on their own. ... they cant get to a soup kitchen, cant figure out how to get on food stamps, can barely even talk. They're feral smelly insane reavers... 

You pay for it, I won't.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
You pay for it, I won't.

Keeping smelly insane reavers locked away... I will!
 [tinfoil]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAvVRcJ35g

And here is a song about them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZBMLzDMA0&feature=related

=D

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:56:39 PM by Ned Hamford »
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »
1. The guys in the photos don't look homeless to me - they have clean clothing and are shaven.

2. Pigeons are actually considered a reasonable meal in many cultures and were up until recently raised for food in Eastern Europe.

3. "The new poaching busts bring to mind last year’s wave of animal murders by the so-called “Butcher of Prospect Park,” whose death toll included waterfowl, chickens, turtles and a goat."

ANIMAL MURDERS? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »
Hey, Meat Is Murder! And grilled murder never tasted so good.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
Many moons ago I had one of my sons throw rocks into the hayloft when I hollered "PULL!"  Great fun shooting the pigeons (12 gauge Mossberg pump), but not much to eat there per pigeon.

Fast 'n fancy shooting.  I got about ten-twelve, some as they were flying back into the barn.  Just enough for a repast between the four in the family, not a real full meal for we carnivores, and no leftovers.

But hey, protein is protein.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:32:01 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
Here's a winner of a comment. "Anyone who feels they have to eat wildlife has an agenda. They should be in prison or in a mental hospital."  [barf]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:23 AM »
^
Here's a winner of a comment. "Anyone who feels they have to eat wildlife has an agenda. They should be in prison or in a mental hospital."

AGENDA:

1. Load up car, check have shells, wildlife decoys.

2. Go where wildlife is, set decoys, settle in blind, wait, use call.

3. Despatch wildlife.

4. Take wildlife from retriever, pat retriever on head, squeegee some of the water off the dog with hands, watch dog's tail wag enthusiastically, duck when dog shakes off remaining water.

5. Dry sprayed water off shotgun.

6. Repeat 3-5 until bag limit reached, pack up, go home.

7. Clean wildlife.

8. Cook wildlife.

9. Eat wildlife, feed some to dog.

10. Burp, loosen belt, sit, look at fireplace with dog --who has the same agenda.

11. Discuss next weekend's agenda with dog, watch tail wag.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:31:23 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 02:49:44 AM »
Who is going to hire a disheveled stinky mumbling fool?

Clearly, you've never been inside a tech support call center.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 07:23:46 AM »
Clearly, you've never been inside a tech support call center.

Or a military unit.

Or any government office, for that matter
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »
You pay for it, I won't.

You already pay for it in terms of law enforcement, criminality, repairs to damaged infrastructure, quality of life issues (or maybe you like having homeless people and their filth around).

Chris

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »
You already pay for it in terms of law enforcement, criminality, repairs to damaged infrastructure, quality of life issues (or maybe you like having homeless people and their filth around).

Chris

Are you implying those expenses will disappear when you round up a batch of em and put them away?
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:41 AM »
I'm not implying anything, just pointing out the fallacy of the statement "You pay for it, I won't.".  He's already paying for it.

And those expenses should go down as the number of individuals responsible decrease.  Being govt, there's no guarantee.

Chris

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »
I'm not implying anything, just pointing out the fallacy of the statement "You pay for it, I won't.".  He's already paying for it.

And those expenses should go down as the number of individuals responsible decrease.  Being govt, there's no guarantee.

Chris

I would wager that the proven efficiency of government means that the LESS problems we have, the MORE expensive they are
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »

Chris

Then I will pay for having people arrested when and if they commit a crime, not for creating excuses for you to arrest them pre-emptively

Nor has the existence of homeless people in Greater Tel-Aviv ever impacted my quality of life adversely - not that there is such a thing as a right to have a government guarantee you a 'quality of life' or a certain market value to your house.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
Then I will pay for having people arrested when and if they commit a crime, not for creating excuses for you to arrest them pre-emptively

Nor has the existence of homeless people in Greater Tel-Aviv ever impacted my quality of life adversely - not that there is such a thing as a right to have a government guarantee you a 'quality of life' or a certain market value to your house.

Who said anything about arresting people pre-emptively?  Some of these people have legitimate mental health issues that aren't being addressed by living on the street.  One of the reasons we had such an explosion of homeless people in the latter half of the 20th century was because so many were suddenly turned out from mental institutions without any place to go or any support structures to ensure they didn't become homeless.

Also, maybe homeless people are better behaved in Israel, but they are a frequent source of crime and destruction in the US, especially in larger cities.  I'm not talking about killing a few ducks, but breaking into homes, squatting in your property (including defecating on said property), harassing folks (especially those that don't give them handouts), and otherwise being a menace. 

Chris

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »
There is a legal process to put people who are mentally ill into institutions against their will. If you cannot prove a person is a threat to themselves or others they shouldn't be deprived of their liberty.

, but breaking into homes, squatting in your property (including defecating on said property),

This is already illegal in every society.

harassing folks (especially those that don't give them handouts), and otherwise being a menace. 

So what you're suggesting is what, exactly? Arresting people because they might harass someone?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »
Where exactly did I suggest arresting anyone?  Quote it or stfu. 

Chris

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »
Are you not in support of gunsmith's statement that they need to be 'captured'?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
no.  I'm commenting on the fact that the problems began after they were ejected en masse because it was cheaper (on paper) than actually dealing with their mental issues in a controlled environment.  Just because nobody is paying for their mental care doesn't mean we escape paying for the fallout from their issues.  We just pay in a different manner.

Whether or not we should commit and treat these individuals is a different matter.

Chris