Author Topic: Mark Kelly Hides Gun Control Support During Arizona Senate Run  (Read 1255 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/20/mark-kelly-hides-gun-control-support-during-arizona-senate-run/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This may not be news for those in AZ.  But just in case, I thought I would post it.  I am sure he is far from the only candidate in the upcoming election that is funded by anti-gun interests. 

Gabby Giffords’ husband, Mark Kelly (D), is running against Sen. Martha McSally (R) in Arizona, but is not mentioning his support for California-style gun controls during his campaign.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Mark Kelly Hides Gun Control Support During Arizona Senate Run
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »
Hiding his support for gun control? How? What else is he known for, aside from the astronaut twins thing?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
Hiding his support for gun control? How? What else is he known for, aside from the astronaut twins thing?

You have to remember that there are two populations of gun owners. There are "gun owners" and there are GUN OWNERS. Sadly, I think I run into more "gun owners" (even here in Idaho), than people like us who not only own guns, but keep up on 2nd Amendment issues.

I bet there is a decently sized population of people in AZ who have a Glock or an M&P15 in the nightstand/closet who have no idea about his gun-related politics.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 04:25:16 PM »
You have to remember that there are two populations of gun owners. There are "gun owners" and there are GUN OWNERS. Sadly, I think I run into more "gun owners" (even here in Idaho), than people like us who not only own guns, but keep up on 2nd Amendment issues.

I bet there is a decently sized population of people in AZ who have a Glock or an M&P15 in the nightstand/closet who have no idea about his gun-related politics.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Kinda funny, though, since guns are what brought him into the national political conversation.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 04:40:28 PM »
Is this the same Mark Kelly that bought an AR15 and a 1911 the day after testifying about the need for more gun control laws?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »
If Americans were actually paying attention to any of the important issues nowadays, they'd never again elect a Democrat or about half of the Republicans. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 08:49:14 PM »
Is this the same Mark Kelly that bought an AR15 and a 1911 the day after testifying about the need for more gun control laws?

From everything I've seen about Mr. Kelly I believe he is a firm supporter of 2nd amendment rights for himself and his fellow elites but the rest of us proles can bugger the *expletive deleted*ck off.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 10:06:34 PM »
And of course you can't call the bastard on it because his harpy wife caught a couple of rnds back in 2011, conferring victim by proxy status forever.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 10:06:47 AM »
author=grampster, Reply #5:

"If Americans were actually paying attention to any of the important issues nowadays, they'd never again elect a Democrat or about half of the Republicans."

Amen.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 02:23:49 PM »
And of course you can't call the bastard on it because his harpy wife caught a couple of rnds back in 2011, conferring victim by proxy status forever.

I don't see how Gabby's attack exculpates his stance on 2A freedoms at all.  People getting shot doesn't mean guns are bad.  It may mean certain people are bad.  It means her situational awareness was probably bad.  Doesn't mean she earned the bullets she caught... but it doesn't mean I should be punished or have items restricted from my ownership just because of that either.  Rights have no relation to crimes.  Ever.

Honestly, I think he's an election siphon.  He's there because there's a reasonably large anti-McCain movement here in AZ trying to oust Martha McSally because she's McCain in a skirt.  There are two other GOP primary challengers.  A teacher from Flagstaff and a PHX area medical exec.  The med exec is the bigger threat, the teacher is unorganized and has no real campaign plan.  An astronaut can derail the med exec in the primaries.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!