Author Topic: Gun Sales Booming on Instagram  (Read 690 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gun Sales Booming on Instagram
« on: October 27, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
I've never been on Instagram or really know what it does exactly, other than a place to post pictures (in a Twitter-like way I guess?). Given though, that it appears to now be owned by Facebook, I wonder how much longer people will be able to sell guns there now that the jig is up to to speak, with the MSM reporting on it.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10/23/gun-sales-booming-on-instagram/?intcmp=features
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lee

• friend
Re: Gun Sales Booming on Instagram
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
One of my daughters uses it exclusively. She thinks we can't follow activity there...but she always forgets to log off ha ha. Now we have to be clever in dealing with her without letting her know we read everything.
It'll be interesting to see how they handle the gun issue.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »
“There is no federal law prohibiting sales of firearms over the internet,” a Dept. of Justice spokeswoman told the Daily Beast.

“And the ready availability of firearms through social applications presents yet another avenue for unlicensed sellers to transfer guns anonymously and without background checks.

This loophole underscores the need for a universal background check requirement, so we can keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and other persons prohibited from having them.”

What loophole?  The illegal one that gets you thrown in prison when they catch you?  Or the one that allows law abiding citizens to make private sales/purchases while following all of the laws about interstate transfer and NFA stuff?

What with NSA monitoring everything I sort of expect the BATFEieio and FBI to have submitted a list of criminals (as in all of them) and asked to be told when Billie Badbutt's name comes up associated with GUNZ.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »
I guess most people don't understand the phrase "fundamental civil right."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »
I guess most people don't understand the phrase "fundamental civil right."

We know them "fundamentalists" is bad.  They even put out training about how bad they are.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.