Author Topic: Sarah Palin to be commentator for Fox News  (Read 8105 times)

sanglant

• friend
Re: Sarah Palin to be commentator for Fox News
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 12:09:56 AM »
Well, I wish my wife didn't care about her appearance that much. ;)

i'mma share a hard learned lesson.

"be careful what you wish for,,,,, you might just get it"

[tinfoil] :angel:

FloridaEllie

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
I really like Sarah Palin.  I think she seems like a nice person, and I agree with her on lots of the things she stands for.  But I just don't think she's that intelligent.  I love watching Krauthammer on Special Report.  Now he is really intelligent.  But Palin just doesn't dive in intellectually, and I think that does a disservice to the arguments she tries to make.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 10:44:50 PM »
But I just don't think she's that intelligent.

The media is successful.

I agree with her on lots of the things she stands for.

Yes, it's better to back an Ivy League politician like Obama, even if you don't agree with him. He's so intelligent the US is either going to be bankrupt or nuked.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
The media is successful.

She couldn't name a supreme court decision other than Roe v Wade.  She couldn't name a major newspaper she read.  Those aren't "trick questions".  And even if they are, the(potential) most powerful person in the world better have enough verbal agility to get around them without appearing foolish.

If it is that easy for the media to trick me into thinking Palin isn't intelligent why don't they do it with other politicians too?  For some reason they can't trick me into thinking Cheney, Bush, Huckabee, Romney, Paul, or Mccain is slow, but they managed to do it with Palin?

This doesn't mean I have any love for Obama.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 05:45:27 AM »

Yes, it's better to back an Ivy League politician like Obama, even if you don't agree with him. He's so intelligent the US is either going to be bankrupt or nuked.

The US is going to be bankrupt either way if you believe the economists.

As for nuked... not likely.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 08:42:35 AM »
She couldn't name a supreme court decision other than Roe v Wade.  She couldn't name a major newspaper she read.  Those aren't "trick questions".  And even if they are, the(potential) most powerful person in the world better have enough verbal agility to get around them without appearing foolish.

If it is that easy for the media to trick me into thinking Palin isn't intelligent why don't they do it with other politicians too?  For some reason they can't trick me into thinking Cheney, Bush, Huckabee, Romney, Paul, or Mccain is slow, but they managed to do it with Palin?

This doesn't mean I have any love for Obama.
You ought to base your opinion of the woman on something other than what the media has presented to you.  The picture they paint of her is false.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »
She was told the interview would be one thing, and it wasn't. I suspect she was also extremely nervous.

Funny that she hasn't been that stupid since.

Funny, too, that she's been lampooned ever since as being stupid, even during the debates when she accurately described the constitutional role of the VP regarding the Senate, and Biden got it wrong. But it was still Palin who was stupid.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:26 PM »
It's not only that she was misled about the intent of the interview.  That interview lasted many hours over multiple days.  The same questions were asked over and over again, until she got flustered, frustrated, angry, or bored enough to give a bad answer.  Then all of the bad answeres were condensed into the version that was presented to the public.

Anybody can be made to look bad under those circumstances.  Palin, you and me, the bestest flashiest savviest politician out there, it doesn't matter.  Anyone can look like a fool when the media is trying that hard to paint a false picture.  

(And the flip side is that anyone can be made to look good, too, if that's the intent.  Every public image is created, either positive or negative, and it's up to us to piece through the image and see the real person.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:26:15 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »