Author Topic: Look here if you need a roommate  (Read 1395 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Look here if you need a roommate
« on: October 17, 2019, 06:18:46 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChoosingBeggars/comments/dib1kb/the_woman_who_posted_the_screenshots_said_op_is_30/

Surely someone here at APS has the gracious heart to help out this person in distress.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Look here if you need a roommate
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »
I have to go with one of the commenters, whether it's real or not:

This is a shitty satire and I refuse to believe otherwise.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »
With all we've seen in the past few years, I am now prepared to believe this person is and is serious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:39:32 AM »
With all we've seen in the past few years, I am now prepared to believe this person is and is serious.

Me too.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 08:06:15 AM »
To be clear, I'm leaning strongly towards real as well, but at some point a guy's got to put his hands over his eyes and say, "No no no no no" to The Onion as real life.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 08:51:08 AM »

Reminds me of one of my nephews, not the one in prison for a drug related murder though. Another one who is just a congenital slacker and layabout. He almost got to go to jail when he and his girl friend tried to mug a woman in downtown Tulsa. He got probation. Their intended victim beat the *expletive deleted*it out of him. It was a fun Thanksgiving get together that year.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »
I literally saw this person at Target a few years ago, or at least the same archetype.
Soft doughy(*) looking 30-ish, full beard, sleeves of tattoos, whining like a spoiled 5 year old girl to his 50-something mom who was buying him the wrong model of grooming product.

*I took my son on a tour of my alma mater college campus over labor day weekend, when people were moving in.
I made a comment to him about how everyone looks to be in poor physical condition, except the obvious athletes. He said that he noticed that too.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »
I thought it was ironic that the person thinks a job is slavery, but pretty much is looking for someone to be their slave or at least give them everything they want with little or nothing in return.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 11:46:20 AM »
I misread the part about weed, thought he was offering payment in that form, and concluded that his person might just be looking for a location for a grow op, but then re-read it, no such decency from this individual  :lol:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »
I thought it was ironic that the person thinks a job is slavery, but pretty much is looking for someone to be their slave or at least give them everything they want with little or nothing in return.
So it's a Democrat voter?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 10:51:57 PM »
Does anyone remember the story a year or two ago, about the guy that sued his parents for evicting him from the basement? Then in an interview, he objected to being called a millennial, because he considers himself a conservative.  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
Does anyone remember the story a year or two ago, about the guy that sued his parents for evicting him from the basement? Then in an interview, he objected to being called a millennial, because he considers himself a conservative.  :facepalm:

Yes.

As to the protagonist of this thread, I would very much like to see a photo of this [alleged] person.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »
I would need to see a photo of the emotional support cat.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 11:59:55 PM »
I would need to see a photo of the emotional support cat.

The cat always wears a fur coat. The person threatens to walk around nude.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 08:48:10 AM »
*I took my son on a tour of my alma mater college campus over labor day weekend, when people were moving in.
I made a comment to him about how everyone looks to be in poor physical condition, except the obvious athletes. He said that he noticed that too.

I am frequently in contact with college age (and some of them actually attending*) men and women. The percentage of out-of-shape and just plain fat people is much higher than I recall from just 20 years ago.

I asked one of them (who is fit, so it wasn't a personal attack) "Is your generation just fat?" And she said "Yes!"

Now, given these are barely out of child years adults, the blame for that needs to be turned on the parents, but it's really striking.

*This is important because I'm fairly certain that college-attending young people tend to be wealthier and, therefore, less likely to be fat. Meaning the general population would likely be even fatter.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
I am frequently in contact with college age (and some of them actually attending*) men and women. The percentage of out-of-shape and just plain fat people is much higher than I recall from just 20 years ago.

Probably about 30-40% here.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »
We have an ID: