Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 27773 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2023, 03:36:37 PM »
Trump fits the definition of an Anti Christ.

Maybe we're closer to the promised second coming of Jesus.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2023, 04:48:49 PM »

Because calling him Hitler is passe, I guess.

The Bible describes anti-Christs as being ostensible Christian prophets that “denieth the Father and the Son,” and “who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.” (I John, chapters 2 and 4, II John 1) It would take quite a stretch to make Trump fit that description.

That being said, what most people mean when they speak of “antichrist” is closer to the one the Bible calls the “man of lawlessness” (II Thessalonians, chptr 2). I guess Trump could be that guy. It would be ironic, given that no one can find any laws he’s actually broken. .

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2023, 05:27:59 PM »

The Bible describes anti-Christs as being ostensible Christian prophets that “denieth the Father and the Son,” and “who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.” (I John, chapters 2 and 4, II John 1) It would take quite a stretch to make Trump fit that description.

That being said, what most people mean when they speak of “antichrist” is closer to the one the Bible calls the “man of lawlessness” (II Thessalonians, chptr 2). I guess Trump could be that guy. It would be ironic, given that no one can find any laws he’s actually broken. .

Guess we find out in a year or two when all current cases are wrapped up in the courts.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2023, 05:36:02 PM »
Now there's a mystery child
The highly anticipated indictment against Donald Trump can be revealed today along with a bombshell 13 page statement that lays bare how he is said to have falsified business records in 2017 to cover up hush money payments to squash three scandals the first time he ran for president.

Trump has been charged with 34, Class E felony counts of falsifying business records by allegedly misclassifying payments to his attorney, Michael Cohen, as being for legal services when they were in fact reimbursements for hush money bills.

The statement of facts also describes his 'catch and kill' scheme with former National Enquirer owner David Pecker, whereby his team of journalists and editors bought up unflattering stories about Trump to stop other outlets publishing them, before the 2016 election.

Three payments are described;  the $130,000 to Stormy Daniels, another of $150,000 to a second woman believed to be Karen McDougal, and $30,000 to a Trump Tower doorman who said he wanted to go public with a story claiming he had a love child. 

Read DA'S damning Trump dossier in FULL: Ex-President is accused of falsifying business records to cover up hush money payments and kill three salacious stories - including one about fathering a MYSTERY CHILD
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11939097/READ-Unsealed-13-page-statement-fact-against-Trump.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2023, 06:03:50 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2023, 07:18:38 PM »
I haven't read the indictment yet but is this a fair assessment?

Alvin Bragg was able to elevate the 34 counts to the level of a felony by saying they were to “conceal another crime” but didn’t include the crime he claims was being covered up in the indictment because “the law does not so require”

Sounds weakpic.twitter.com/NhNedGkEcQ

— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) April 4, 2023
    There's a curious omission in the Donald Trump indictment and statement of facts –

The specific federal law Trump violated. pic.twitter.com/bsM32x4jhn

— Techno Fog (@Techno_Fog) April 4, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/04/da-alvin-bragg-doesnt-name-the-crime-donald-trump-was-trying-to-conceal/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2023, 10:13:49 PM »
 I will vote for him, nothing in this or any trial can change that- the economy and scotus /nysrpa bruen/dobbs  sealed the deal for me.   I hope that if he does have some secret kid, that they have a good relationship .

I saw that any R that showed up was screeched at plus I was at work so didn't follow the circus .
No one at my job, populated by 95% blue collar, pays attention but 99.9% of everyone there is pro trump now.
 The Spanish speakers are now 100% for Trump tho.

However, I am planning on switching from registered R to Libertarian
  NV Republicans are always yearning for acceptance by the liberals, never have any spine, I am done with them and will only vote for one if I am sure they won't back stab on gun issues

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2023, 08:14:28 AM »
However, I am planning on switching from registered R to Libertarian
  NV Republicans are always yearning for acceptance by the liberals, never have any spine, I am done with them and will only vote for one if I am sure they won't back stab on gun issues

Welcome to the dark side.

National Uniparty reps will also stab you in the back though, so keep an eye peeled.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2023, 09:33:54 AM »
Oh, well here's your antichrist Trump.

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-pens-his-first-prison-epistle-to-the-floridians
=D

Would that be the Anti-Christ or simple the Anti-Paul?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2023, 09:39:14 AM »
Some are saying Melania has been MIA lately and that she's POed at Donald over this supposed lovechild.
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2023, 09:42:47 AM »
I just can't tell if you're being serious anymore.
Maybe we're closer to the promised second coming of Jesus.
No, I don't think Obama is running in 2024.

Some are saying Melania has been MIA lately and that she's POed at Donald over this supposed lovechild.
On the one hand, obviously, but on the other ... surely she knew what kind of dirtbag she was marrying.  I can't imagine her being particularly shocked about that goober being unfaithful.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2023, 09:56:20 AM »
On the one hand, obviously, but on the other ... surely she knew what kind of dirtbag she was marrying.  I can't imagine her being particularly shocked about that goober being unfaithful.

That thought did come to me but everyone has their breaking point.
Could be actually nothing though with the MSM making a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe she just wants to sit this one out of the limelight for her own sanity.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2023, 10:28:40 AM »
Of course if she does leave him what does that do to his presidential chances? Hurt, help, meh?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2023, 10:38:30 AM »

Is my sarcasm meter broken?  That statement sounds like it should be sarcasm.

If Trump was an antichrist, he would be a lot more popular, especially with abortionist, child grooming set.

Trump is charismatic ahole troll, and that is about it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2023, 10:40:13 AM »
Maybe she just wants to sit this one out of the limelight for her own sanity.

From recollection, it seemed like she tried to stay out of the limelight as much as she could while Trump was president. Smart woman. I wish more recent first ladies were like her, instead of pulling the "we are the president" schtick.

First ladies belong in the White House kitchen. First "gentlemen", when we get our first one, should only be mowing the White House lawn and taking out the garbage.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2023, 10:43:34 AM »
First "gentlemen", when we get our first one, should only be mowing the White House lawn and taking out the garbage.

Why should there ever be a first one?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2023, 10:45:17 AM »
Why should there ever be a first one?

There neither "should" nor "shouldn't". There will likely be one though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2023, 10:45:44 AM »

From what I heard on the TV this morning, there is no list or mention of whatever the statutes are that he supposedly violated.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Perd Hapley

• friend

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2023, 11:19:05 AM »
From recollection, it seemed like she tried to stay out of the limelight as much as she could while Trump was president. Smart woman. I wish more recent first ladies were like her, instead of pulling the "we are the president" schtick.

First ladies belong in the White House kitchen. First "gentlemen", when we get our first one, should only be mowing the White House lawn and taking out the garbage.
It is my understanding that she lost in court over the whole deal prior to that so all that would have done is got her into more trouble. 

Was there ever any proof that he actually slept with that woman?  All I ever heard is he paid a hush money settlement for her to go away and everyone seems to assumes the worst of whatever the rumor mill says about Trump. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2023, 12:20:52 PM »

Remember Hillary basically acting like it was she who was elected from day one while Bill was busy picking out interns. It only got worse in term 2.
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2023, 12:25:17 PM »

And killing spiders, and opening pickle jars  :laugh:
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2023, 12:33:04 PM »
There neither "should" nor "shouldn't".

There shouldn't.

Though a President Sears would be much preferable to whatever it is we have at present...

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2023, 01:25:19 PM »
Though a President Sears would be much preferable to whatever it is we have at present...

So would President Alfred E. Neuman.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden