Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 27725 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2023, 01:19:14 PM »
Any thoughts?

I must be out of the loop or something. I'm still amazed that Trump is wiping the floor with the other candidates in polls by a ridiculous amount. I thought DeSantis for sure would be ahead, or at least close.

As I've said before, sadly, Trump has had his day, and if he is elected again, his administration will be mired in deep state dirty tricks and impeachments every other Tuesday. I just don't see a second Trump presidency being a win for our side. That said, I'll still vote for him over Biden, or pretty much any of the dem candidates currently speculated to run.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2023, 01:23:34 PM »
How Will Donald Trump's New Indictment(s) Impact the Election? || Peter Zeihan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJY6C-IAS0

I saw this video.  Two things he said that I hadn't heard others talk about. 

1.  He said Trump was sharing the classified material that he had with other people.  I don't think I had heard that mentioned. 
2.  He thinks Trump will win the nomination, but independent swing voters will be scared of Trump and vote for Biden. 

Any thoughts?

Don't believe everything he says. He drank the blue kool-aid and got TDS from it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2023, 01:23:48 PM »
I must be out of the loop or something. I'm still amazed that Trump is wiping the floor with the other candidates in polls by a ridiculous amount. I thought DeSantis for sure would be ahead, or at least close.

Could be that's what they want people to think hoping to discourage DeSantis supporters
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 03:33:08 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2023, 01:29:09 PM »
Don't believe everything he says. He drank the blue kool-aid and got TDS from it.

On domestic politics, you’re very correct.  On global issues and demographics I think he’s still a good guy to listen to.
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2023, 04:05:44 PM »

As I've said before, sadly, Trump has had his day, and if he is elected again, his administration will be mired in deep state dirty tricks and impeachments every other Tuesday. I just don't see a second Trump presidency being a win for our side. That said, I'll still vote for him over Biden, or pretty much any of the dem candidates currently speculated to run.
I have heard that while DeSantis is very popular in Florida and known for the Disney stuff there, he is less well known than Trump.  Also, I think he appeals to some of the same base that is already supporting Trump. 

IMO, DeSantis would do himself a favor by never mentioning Trump.  Run against Biden and be the nicer clone of Trump without butting heads with Trump directly or even indirectly.  Trump does well when he is counter-punching, but often makes mistakes when attacking himself. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »
On domestic politics, you’re very correct.  On global issues and demographics I think he’s still a good guy to listen to.
Thanks for the feedback on that.  I only found him over the last month.  Seemed to be knowledgeable about the international stuff.  I guess I need to find other sources as well. 

I have also had a couple interesting geography videos pop up as well.  Mainly using geography to explain why many countries are the way they are.  Made a lot of sense and not something I had ever heard talked about. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2023, 05:04:31 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on that.  I only found him over the last month.  Seemed to be knowledgeable about the international stuff.  I guess I need to find other sources as well. 

I have also had a couple interesting geography videos pop up as well.  Mainly using geography to explain why many countries are the way they are.  Made a lot of sense and not something I had ever heard talked about. 

Geography and demography are major factors in the fortunes (or lack thereof) in many countries.  Culture too.  Places that started out as British colonies have done substantially better than Spanish and Portuguese colonies because of the culture and degree of rule of law they brought.
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2023, 08:19:31 PM »

I saw this video.  Two things he said that I hadn't heard others talk about. 

1.  He said Trump was sharing the classified material that he had with other people.  I don't think I had heard that mentioned. 

I have not heard or seen ANY reports -- not even from un-credible sources -- that claim Trump "shared" classified material with anyone. That's "shared" as in letting unvetted people handle the documents and actually read what they said. The reports I have seen seem to be limited to Trump waving a classified folder around a couple of times to impress people with the fact that HE had classified info, but there has been nothing as yet to suggest that he actually allowed anyone to have access to the documents.

(Other than leaving them in boxes strewn around Mar-a-Lago, that is.)

He did apparently talk about Milley's plan to invade somewhere, but I believe that was verbal, not allowing access to documents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2023, 08:30:52 PM »
Why 82% of Mexico is Empty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzgMePQvSdc

I think this was the one I saw about Mexico.  I knew a little of Mexico's geography (in macro), but never considered how it impacted them compared to the US economically.

This one is about Mongolia.  Not sure it is worth much time, but explains a little about what China has around them and why don't have the nearby trade partners bordering them. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtTvgG-bKOo

That channel has a lot of odd ball topics like this.  I saw one the other day looking at the geography of Europe, but I don't know who did that one. 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2023, 10:05:56 PM »
 We are all outliers here, no one is paying attention to this at all.
I work with about one hundred welders/fabricators/machinist and assorted blue collar types and management/ engineers  white collars.
No one is even aware of what's going on with Trump. At the same time Trump is wildly popular.
 I am optimistic Trump is going to win.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2023, 10:58:38 PM »
I have not heard or seen ANY reports -- not even from un-credible sources -- that claim Trump "shared" classified material with anyone. That's "shared" as in letting unvetted people handle the documents and actually read what they said. The reports I have seen seem to be limited to Trump waving a classified folder around a couple of times to impress people with the fact that HE had classified info, but there has been nothing as yet to suggest that he actually allowed anyone to have access to the documents.

He did apparently talk about Milley's plan to invade somewhere, but I believe that was verbal, not allowing access to documents.

Wiki page as a bunch of news articles referenced on where info was shared. I haven't read it, just saw the bibliography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump%27s_disclosures_of_classified_information
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2023, 11:58:38 PM »
There is one thing about Trump running again that has me concerned.  If he were to win the upcoming election, there are two problems he is going to face and they will be a problem.
1 - If he wins, he is automatically a "lame duck" president as he can't ever run again.
2 - Being a lame duck, the Left will throw everything at him, regardless of legality, and make his life a living hell.

We need to elect a president that may be able to be re-elected in 2028 in the hopes that we can get 8 years of a reasonably conservative administration.  If we can get those 8 years, the chances that the Left will try to "pack the SC" will be lessened as they will have trouble trying to get the jurists they want onto the SC.

Something to think about.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

griz

• friend
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2023, 12:13:54 AM »

In that Wiki article charby posted it mentions one specific shared document, and that was a high res satellite photo he had posted that showed damage to an Iranian launch site.  There are other things, such as mentioning facts about the London bombing that hindered the investigation.

I don't know if the charges are for those examples or other stuff.  I'm surprised the indictment was so soon, so maybe I'm wrong about them not actually going after him.  We'll see.  I do know that presidents (and congressmen) have gone public before with classified material to make a point internationally.  I don't know if they're claiming this is different for some reason, maybe because he has orange hair.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2023, 12:57:11 AM »
2 - Being a lame duck, the Left will throw everything at him, regardless of legality, and make his life a living hell.

We are at the point that they will do that to everyone that doesn't have a D after their name.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2023, 01:26:25 AM »
Yeah, the lame duck part is a non-issue. 

I’d rather have someone electable, but I’ll vote for Trump if he’s the nominee.  I’ll probably vote either DeSantis or Ramaswami in the primary.
Formerly sumpnz

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2023, 01:53:45 AM »
I need to figure out who I'm going to support in the primary.  I really don't want Trump to be the nominee; he's probably the only R who could lose to Biden.
"It's good, though..."

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2023, 02:01:31 AM »
I need to figure out who I'm going to support in the primary.  I really don't want Trump to be the nominee; he's probably the only R who could lose to Biden.

You underestimate the "fortification"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2023, 09:26:51 AM »

All the R candidates would lose to Biden.  The D team counts the votes in most states.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2023, 11:45:02 AM »
All the R candidates would lose to Biden.  The D team counts the votes in most states.

good point, I hope you're wrong / fear you are right
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2023, 11:58:55 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2023, 12:02:17 PM »
A Canadian historian thinks that the American Civil War part two will never happen:
He seems nice.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2023, 01:31:57 PM »
Holy crap, man.

.@HillaryClinton: Republicans defending Trump on classified docs "beyond anything that I ever thought possible in this country"

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/06/14/democrats-would-have-no-standards-if-they-didnt-have-double-standards-n2384505
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2023, 01:39:58 PM »
We are all outliers here, no one is paying attention to this at all.
I work with about one hundred welders/fabricators/machinist and assorted blue collar types and management/ engineers  white collars.
No one is even aware of what's going on with Trump. At the same time Trump is wildly popular.
 I am optimistic Trump is going to win.
That is definitely something to remember as far as the timing goes.  Lots of people out there aren't paying attention to political news and won't until Fall of 2024.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2023, 04:31:13 PM »
A Canadian historian thinks that the American Civil War part two will never happen:

https://jamesfell.substack.com/p/sht-went-down-the-american-civil?fbclid=IwAR3c_chNBHx9_7mR3U2PGF_Bo7uanAGeVWeC7ieYJ2u_P1gmudSuwai_9Ac

I agree with him, a few true believers might riot, but the rest will post on the internets how much it sucks here, parrot their favorite "political" pundit, and scream Let's go Brandon a lot.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2023, 05:22:51 PM »
Let's pray we don't reach the point where we're ready to kill each other.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife