Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 27696 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #475 on: August 16, 2023, 10:12:49 PM »
I agree completely.  If there was ballot stuffing, etc, I'd love to see concrete proof.  There large amounts of proof of the government illegally suppression information about Biden's corruption during the election, but I haven't seen similar proof of voter fraud.

Trump claims he has proof of fraud in Georgia, and I read enough at the time to feel certain that there was massive fraud in Philadelphia. But proof? As 230RN has written more than once, without evidence you have no proof, and without an investigation, you have no evidence. The fix was in. The powers that be loudly proclaimed there was NO voter fraud, so therefore there was no investigation. So now they can proclaim that there's no [credible] evidence of election fraud. Of course there isn't -- now. They've had almost three years to bury the evidence.

I don't think there's any question that there was large-scale election fraud in many major cities in the 2020 presidential election. Was it enough to swing the election, as Trump claims? I don't know. We'll never know ... because it wasn't properly investigated, and it's now far to late to try to investigate it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #476 on: August 17, 2023, 06:36:43 AM »
Sure, Biden just got more votes than Obama, Hillary, or Trump, or any other candidate in history, all without ever campaigning, or leaving the basement, or having more than ten people show up to an event.

Just reading some posts here defending our system makes my head hurt.

How bad does it have to get before you stop giving the benefit of the doubt to the liars running everything?

None of the social movements we've been subjected to in our lives were organic, they've been foisted upon the culture. Political power is far too valuable to be in the hands of the electorate. All you get is a show, and the show sucks.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #477 on: August 17, 2023, 08:03:39 AM »
Sure, Biden just got more votes than Obama, Hillary, or Trump, or any other candidate in history, all without ever campaigning, or leaving the basement, or having more than ten people show up to an event.

He didn't need to, the MSM campaigned for him 24/7 and still is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #478 on: August 17, 2023, 09:45:01 AM »

I dunno, but massive amounts of mail in voting may have done it.  Voter participation is typically low, because voting takes effort.  Poorly motivated voters usually vote for Democrats, if they can be persuaded to vote by decreasing the effort required.  Various states pushed mail in voting, and voter participation increased...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #479 on: August 17, 2023, 09:47:37 AM »
I dunno, but massive amounts of mail in voting may have done it.  Voter participation is typically low, because voting takes effort.  Poorly motivated voters usually vote for Democrats, if they can be persuaded to vote by decreasing the effort required.  Various states pushed mail in voting, and voter participation increased...

Poorly motivated republican voters usually just don't bother and the MSM knows that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 09:59:58 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #480 on: August 17, 2023, 02:03:59 PM »
Judge shopping at its best?

Anyone hear about that premature indictment against Trump and the others handed down in GA with a case number and a judge assigned PRIOR to the conclusion of the Grand Jury? Then that "case" being dismissed at the release of the Grand Jury Indictment? Sounds to me like the next judge in line was a better pick for the DA. It's a neat trick if one can get away with it.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #481 on: August 17, 2023, 04:06:28 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #482 on: August 17, 2023, 05:18:57 PM »
stop giving the benefit of the doubt to the liars
Same goes for the grifters promising proof of election fraud. Sydney Powell never released her "kraken", Mike Lindell never released his PCAPs, True the Vote never released their "mule" data and I doubt Trump is ever going to release his irrefutable proof. If it existed it would already be out there. He may hold his press conference but anything concrete and verifiable will always be 2 weeks away, like his perfect Obamacare replacement plan.

Poorly motivated republican voters usually just don't bother and the MSM knows that.
Why bother voting if it's all rigged anyway? It frustrates me that the stolen election obsession is giving more people a reason to not bother voting. There's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #483 on: August 17, 2023, 07:56:33 PM »
Same goes for the grifters promising proof of election fraud. Sydney Powell never released her "kraken", Mike Lindell never released his PCAPs, True the Vote never released their "mule" data and I doubt Trump is ever going to release his irrefutable proof. If it existed it would already be out there. He may hold his press conference but anything concrete and verifiable will always be 2 weeks away, like his perfect Obamacare replacement plan.
Why bother voting if it's all rigged anyway? It frustrates me that the stolen election obsession is giving more people a reason to not bother voting. There's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.
Indeed, liars need to be ignored, mocked and sidelined.

Instead they are running everything.

Having said that, we can always count on you to shoot to the right  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #484 on: August 18, 2023, 07:34:54 AM »

We have to vote harder  :rofl:

The system is FUBAR, we aren't going to vote our way out of this. To not see it and to not acknowledge it is just whistling past the grave yard. Nothing works the way we have been told it works. Representative government in the USA is a façade, ie a lie.

We've literally been conditioned to live in a state of cognitive dissonance. I may not have all the answers or even the right answers but I don't have to accept the false narratives and lies.

Maybe it's a worldwide conspiracy, maybe it's multiple conspiracies in competition with each other, maybe it's all just individual grifters all bleeding the system, who knows? You know what it definitely isn't? What it is presented as, representation government in a constitutional republic. That is not how things are working and I refuse to pretend otherwise.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #485 on: August 18, 2023, 08:44:43 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #486 on: August 18, 2023, 09:08:50 AM »
"Riggers" y'all.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1692214287614324833

All the online dictionaries will have their definitions updated by noon.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2023, 09:25:11 AM »

Related, Trump is backtracking on his "irrefutable evidence".

Of course he is.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2023, 09:30:53 AM »
Related, Trump is backtracking on his "irrefutable evidence".

https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/08/17/trump-calls-off-his-monday-press-conference-on-stolen-election-n2386392

Of course he is.

Part that bugs the crap out me about Trump the most, making big claims like that then nothing. Lock her up! and all that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #489 on: August 18, 2023, 09:37:33 AM »
Watching and reading the news appears to be designed to make us misinformed, stupid and depressed.

My buddy calls it the daily humiliation ritual.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #490 on: August 18, 2023, 10:58:21 AM »
Watching and reading the news appears to be designed to make us misinformed, stupid and depressed.

My buddy calls it the daily humiliation ritual.

I get most of my news from the Babylon Bee.  Seriously.  If a story looks interesting I'll look it up on real "news" sites, but BB usually has the right perspective, they just take it too far for comic effect.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #491 on: August 18, 2023, 11:07:42 AM »
I get most of my news from the Babylon Bee.  Seriously.  If a story looks interesting I'll look it up on real "news" sites, but BB usually has the right perspective, they just take it too far for comic effect.

Usually becomes reality in a week or two. They manage to stay ahead of the dems for the most part but barely.
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #492 on: August 18, 2023, 11:38:20 AM »
The system is FUBAR, we aren't going to vote our way out of this.

But you vote anyway, right?
I'd have to be 100% sure it was meaningless to not bother voting, but I think there are plenty of people out there who won't vote now based on suspicions and over-hyped "proof" - and they aren't democrats.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2023, 11:39:39 AM »
But you vote anyway, right?
I'd have to be 100% sure it was meaningless to not bother voting, but I think there are plenty of people out there who won't vote now based on suspicions and over-hyped "proof" - and they aren't democrats.

Not voting just makes it that much easier for them, got to make them work for it. The more they have to work for it the more obvious it becomes.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2023, 01:33:32 PM »
I would point out that the mail in voting was also pushed with very little in the way of controls to make sure the votes were valid assuming any controls were actually followed.

IMO, the whole voting system in many places has been modified to make it nearly impossible to full audit the votes after the fact. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2023, 01:52:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/live/M2IUkgMSXug?feature=share&t=3479
This guy has Robert Barnes on at the 58 min mark.  Robert talks a lot about what happened in Georgia. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2023, 02:39:39 PM »
I would point out that the mail in voting was also pushed with very little in the way of controls to make sure the votes were valid assuming any controls were actually followed.

Good point.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #497 on: August 19, 2023, 06:18:54 PM »

IMO, the whole voting system in many places has been modified to make it nearly impossible to full audit the votes after the fact.

I agree. This also applies to "motor voting," automatically registering people to vote when they get drivers licenses or state-issued ID cards, early voting, etc. The current status of the system makes a mockery of concepts such as voter registration and "election day." People should have to go somewhere and show proper ID to register to vote, and it should go immediately into a state-wide database that weeds out duplicates. If someone registers in a new distract, the system needs to automatically cancel any registration(s) they may have had previously in other districts. "One [hu]man, one vote."

No early voting. If you won't be able to make it to the polling station on election day, request a mail-in ballot, explain your reason, and vote. We shouldn't turn election "day" into election week, or election month.

And show photo ID or you don't get to vote. I've never understood the arguments that asking people to prove they are who they say they are when they show up to vote is racist or discriminatory. In a sane world, I would expect everyone to WANT their ID checked and verified when they vote. If/when anyone objects to that, I automatically know that's someone who can't be trusted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #498 on: August 19, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »
I agree. This also applies to "motor voting," automatically registering people to vote when they get drivers licenses or state-issued ID cards,

I guarantee you that the Calif DMV, especially in hispanic heavy areas, where hispanics make up 90% of the DMV staff, is handing out voter registrations to every hispanic non-citizen that comes in for a license. A license which, coincidentally, looks identical to that of a citizen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #499 on: August 19, 2023, 06:28:03 PM »
I guarantee you that the Calif DMV, especially in hispanic heavy areas, where hispanics make up 90% of the DMV staff, is handing out voter registrations to every hispanic non-citizen that comes in for a license. A license which, coincidentally, looks identical to that of a citizen.

The Oregon DMV was doing this in 1996 when I moved back there from Colorado.  Saw this in person when I was getting my drivers license.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.