Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 27717 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #500 on: August 19, 2023, 08:11:11 PM »
I also suspect that illegal non-citizen voting might be enough to alter election results at times.  There is literally nothing to stop it in many states, and there are huge numbers of non-citizens in the USA.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2023, 08:40:03 PM »
Looks like they went to full booking and mugshots for him this time. Again, either I'm missing some brilliant moves on the dems part, or they are rocketing him to the nomination, if not presidency, when enough people become outraged by this stuff. We're putting Somalia to shame here.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-be-booked-at-fulton-county-jail-after-charges-stemming-from-2020-election-probe
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2023, 09:15:07 PM »
Nomination, yes. Presidency, no.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #503 on: August 24, 2023, 09:21:25 PM »
From the look on his face, there are a few people who better hope he doesn't get elected.    [ar15]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2023, 09:24:40 PM »
Nomination, yes. Presidency, no.

I don't want him as president again, but his poll numbers just keep shooting up. He's leaving DeSantis, who I thought would assuredly be neck and neck, in the dust. The only thing I can think to attribute it to is spite votes for what the left is doing. I didn't think he had a chance the first time he ran (though happily voted for him the second time) so I'm just not counting anything out at this time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #505 on: August 25, 2023, 10:00:28 AM »
Looks like they went to full booking and mugshots for him this time. Again, either I'm missing some brilliant moves on the dems part, or they are rocketing him to the nomination, if not presidency, when enough people become outraged by this stuff.

It is a brilliant move by the Democrats to get the GOP to nominate him... so he can lose a second time.  DeSantis, a competent, popular conservative was running neck and neck with Trump until the first BS charges against Trump.

It would be nice if GOP voters would consider that, just because Trump is being persecuted for BS reasons, we don't have to nominate him again.  Because he actually is an awful, irresponsible person, and had a spectacularly poor performance for his last year in office. I do not believe him to be a criminal, but that's a pretty low bar for a Presidential candidate.  (Though one Biden apparently can't clear).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #506 on: August 25, 2023, 10:30:49 AM »
And I guess he's back on Twitter, which, the head exploding is entertaining.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/25/here-are-the-biggest-meltdowns-over-trump-returning-to-twitter-n2386572

Though I have to ask, 215 pounds? Come on, man. I weigh 10lbs more than his reported weight (and an inch smaller now that old man shrinkage is happening) and I'm way skinnier than him. While I'm certainly an Adonis in my own mind, muscle mass should only account for so much. If he's 215, he's gotta be 100% fat and small boned. They seemed to indicate that it was an "official booking weight". I don't know what that means, but certainly with the biased locals there, it seems they wouldn't let him get away with making up his weight, just so they can embarrass him some more. He's gotta be pushing 240-250.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #507 on: August 25, 2023, 10:35:11 AM »
I don't want him as president again, but his poll numbers just keep shooting up.
His Republican poll numbers or his overall poll numbers?
I didn't think he had a chance the first time he ran (though happily voted for him the second time) so I'm just not counting anything out at this time.
An excellent point, but I'm not holding out hope.

It would be nice if GOP voters would consider that, just because Trump is being persecuted for BS reasons, we don't have to nominate him again.  Because he actually is an awful, irresponsible person, and had a spectacularly poor performance for his last year in office. I do not believe him to be a criminal, but that's a pretty low bar for a Presidential candidate.  (Though one Biden apparently can't clear).
I'm pretty much in agreement.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #508 on: August 25, 2023, 10:39:57 AM »

His "official" Republican poll numbers (for whatever that might mean - as I said, I'm becoming extremely jaded and questioning everything reported or alleged on both sides). But there's also the "unofficial" mood of what I will call the Tulsi Gabbard crowd, who are vehemently speaking out about what's happening to Trump. Certainly they won't vote for him, but they may sway some Independents to, and perhaps keep many people at home that would otherwise vote Dem.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #509 on: August 25, 2023, 12:29:35 PM »

He's generally trending up amongst the hallowed "Likely Voter" Demographic. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/

Obviously, it's early yet, yada yada, but if you compare those current polls with the national polls leading up to Nov 2020 the DNC should be terrified.  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2020/national/

It's only like 40,000 folks in GA, AZ, and WI that need to flip for Biden to loose the rematch.  What's the economy and Immigration been like in those three states for the last 3 years?

Sadly, it looks like we aren't going to get a useful candidate that was prn at least in the second half of the last century.  I guess that's too much to hope for.

ETA:  I said it before, but given the timeline we seem to be living in, I think there's a non-zero chance he wins the election from jail, swears in by sticking his hand through the bars to the Chief Justice, and then immediately pardons himself.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 01:24:51 PM by dogmush »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #510 on: August 25, 2023, 02:34:08 PM »
Heh - gotta agree with this:

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: August 25, 2023, 03:28:31 PM »
Obviously, it's early yet, yada yada, but if you compare those current polls with the national polls leading up to Nov 2020 the DNC should be terrified.
Good point.  Whether the polls would survive a felony conviction or not, his numbers are way better than last race.

ETA:  I said it before, but given the timeline we seem to be living in, I think there's a non-zero chance he wins the election from jail, swears in by sticking his hand through the bars to the Chief Justice, and then immediately pardons himself.
I thought the big issue with the Georgia RICO charges is that there is no path to pardoning himself, or even getting Kemp (or Abrams) to pardon him.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #512 on: August 25, 2023, 04:00:44 PM »
Of course Joy Everything is Racist Reid had to drag race into it

'Insufferably stupid and malicious': Joy Reid DRAGGED for RACIST take on Trump's mug shot (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/25/joy-reids-take-on-trump-is-the-worst-yet-n2386588
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #513 on: August 25, 2023, 06:49:42 PM »
"If that nigga Trump gets convicted, I'm voting for him."

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1695122441180233814
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #514 on: August 25, 2023, 07:23:23 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #515 on: August 26, 2023, 01:48:52 AM »
"they" will do everything they can to stop Trump 24, but they will fail.
the folks who don't pay attention like we do, they're all gonna vote for him.
Everyone likes money.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #516 on: August 26, 2023, 07:38:04 AM »
Joy Reid is culturally appropriating white peoples' hair.

https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2023/08/25/joy-reid-trump-same-hairstyle-msnbc-n2386596

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #517 on: August 26, 2023, 08:05:16 AM »
Fulton County Releases First Official Portrait Of The 47th President Of The United States
https://babylonbee.com/news/fulton-county-releases-first-official-portrait-of-the-47th-president-of-the-united-states
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #518 on: August 26, 2023, 04:48:51 PM »
They were just discussing the weather

NEW - Biden staffers met with special counsel Jack Smith's aides before the Trump indictment — NY Post
    — Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) August 26, 2023

Report about Biden WH & Jack Smith shows where the REAL election interference was coming from
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/08/26/biden-jack-smith-n2386605
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2023, 10:29:44 PM »
They were just discussing the weather

Report about Biden WH & Jack Smith shows where the REAL election interference was coming from
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/08/26/biden-jack-smith-n2386605

As if we weren't already aware of this.  It's just that they are being more "open" about their thievery.  :facepalm:  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #520 on: August 28, 2023, 02:40:29 PM »
Apparently the Georgia 04MAR trial date was shot down, so now the DC court is trying to get it. Third. World.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/28/courts-prove-trump-cases-absolutely-politically-motivated-by-choosing-same-date-in-2024-timing-is-sus-n2386648#google_vignette

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #521 on: August 29, 2023, 05:28:44 PM »

Kevin Sorbo
@ksorbs
Putin’s political rival dies in a plane crash and everyone assumes Putin is responsible.

Biden’s political rival is charged with 90+ crimes right before the election and its a “conspiracy theory” to believe it was political subterfuge.
https://twitter.com/ksorbs/status/1696579619191726252?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1696579619191726252%7Ctwgr%5Eb2ebee7584b5bd2833f7c36a6e32ca750a400af7%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Frickrobinson%2F2023%2F08%2F29%2Fhercules-aka-kevin-sorbo-drops-a-truth-bomb-on-xtwitter-the-size-of-a-moab-n2386691
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #522 on: August 29, 2023, 05:57:56 PM »
Donald Trump’s Trial For Election Interference Set To Begin In Time To Interfere With Election
https://babylonbee.com/news/donald-trumps-trial-for-election-interference-set-to-begin-in-time-to-interfere-with-election

Babylon Bee BTW
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #523 on: August 29, 2023, 06:20:21 PM »
Babylon Bee BTW

Yet 100% accurate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2023, 10:35:12 PM »

Rudy Giuliani is liable for defaming Georgia election workers, judge rules
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/30/judge-rules-giuliani-is-liable-for-defaming-georgia-election-workers-orders-sanctions-00113462

There may be more to the story, but this is odd. 
“The FBI took every electronic device in my apartment and my law office,” Giuliani said at a May hearing in the suit. Indignantly insisting that he was not trying to deny the plaintiffs access to evidence related to their claims, he said: “I’ve been dealing with this for 50 years. I understand the obligation. … There’s nothing I want to hide. I’d like them to see everything. … Not being perfect doesn’t mean you’re deleting things. I don’t delete things.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge