Main Forums > Politics

Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread

<< < (579/586) > >>

MechAg94:
Shocking moment Las Vegas substitute teacher, 27, brawls with student 'who called him the n-word' in hallway filled with teenage onlookers
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13352435/Las-Vegas-substitute-teacher-brawls-student-slur.html

--- Quote ---Re'Kwon Smith, 27, is seen in footage posted to social media repeatedly punching a student, who is also engaged in the brawl.

The incident occurred in the cafeteria of Valley High School in east Las Vegas on Thursday after the student allegedly called the teacher the n-word.
--- End quote ---
Doesn't matter what the kid did, trying to beat up a student is a big no-no.  Should go straight to jail. 

dogmush:
FAFO.  There's a reason some things are called "Fighting Words".

A "High Schooler" could be anywhere from 14 to18 or so.  If a kid old enough to drive picked a fight with a mid 20's guy, I'm not super outraged.  Probably wouldn't promote the substitute to permanent teacher this year though.

If teach was whaling on a 14 YO I might be more inclined to call it Assault instead of Mutual Combat.

dogmush:
^^^^

Found video of the "fight". https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1783933823652339779?t=H_NZnbdWsyeei-THGDvA-g&s=19

Bunch of bitch slapping.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: dogmush on April 26, 2024, 07:26:56 PM ---FAFO.  There's a reason some things are called "Fighting Words".

A "High Schooler" could be anywhere from 14 to18 or so.  If a kid old enough to drive picked a fight with a mid 20's guy, I'm not super outraged.  Probably wouldn't promote the substitute to permanent teacher this year though.

If teach was whaling on a 14 YO I might be more inclined to call it Assault instead of Mutual Combat.

--- End quote ---
The teacher out massed the kid by a good bit, in muscle as well as overall.  And no, I don't believe the teacher gets to beat up a student no matter what they said.  The teacher shouldn't act like they are still in school.

Plus, I am a bit curious what else was said.  While it could have just been the student being a jerk, I suspect there was more to it.  Maybe more will come out.

--- Quote ---Smith now faces a litany of criminal charges including battery resulting in serious bodily harm, assaulting a school pupil on school property, threatening to do bodily harm to public school student, and interfering with a student from attending school, according to court records.

Smith is currently being held on $9000 bail at the Clark County Detention Center.  He is due to appear in court on Friday.
--- End quote ---
The article said the kid was arrested as well.

dogmush:
I understand your position, I just disagree.  We as a society,  baby kids way too long. A 17 or 18 year old male is perfectly capable of acting like an adult, and not picking fights with people. Especially people bigger than him.

Your attitude is a less extreme version of the attitude of mothers crying to press after their criminal kids "didndunuffin" and get capped.

I just am out of outrage at feral kids that are old enough to know better starting violent encounters and then hiding behind their age when the "Find out" part gets there.

Not going to go to the Matt defending teach either, but if no one is seriously hurt, call it a learning experience and move on.  We'll see what the DA's decide, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version