Author Topic: Another attempt to kill Trump  (Read 1880 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Another attempt to kill Trump
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2024, 01:46:22 PM »
Biden Promises Next Trump Assassin Will Be A Woman Of Color
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-promises-next-trump-assassin-will-be-a-woman-of-color
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2024, 02:08:51 PM »
At publishing time, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre had been seen suiting up in full-body kevlar.

:laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2024, 02:55:13 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser:

https://x.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1836785763507154982

SS took the shots from 10 ft away.  I guess all our speculation about a duty rifle was moot.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2024, 03:15:13 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser:

https://x.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1836785763507154982

SS took the shots from 10 ft away.  I guess all our speculation about a duty rifle was moot.

Yeah I was under the impression it was maybe some SS scouting the area around the next hole but I didn't know it was that close.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2024, 03:24:22 PM »
Wow.

I wonder if Routh saw them coming, left the rifle poked through the fence and ran well before they got there?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2024, 03:42:29 PM »
Wow.

I wonder if Routh saw them coming, left the rifle poked through the fence and ran well before they got there?

Entirely plausible
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2024, 04:25:08 PM »
Am I crazy in thinking maybe the security people knew about that vulnerability and kept it open as "bait" but kept an eye on it to catch such people as what's-his-name?

Nah, Terry  You're crazy.  Everybody says so.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2024, 08:55:36 PM »
Hey Terry,

For some reason I'm still getting your private messages, but when I respond it's still telling me that you've blocked me.

Anyway, this is my reply to you:

"Well, the stock and the receiver cover replacement were perfectly legal accessory replacements when I did it in 1993. I removed the bayonet mount at the same time to make it every so slightly less evil.

My rifle, and the modifications I did to it, were outlined in an article I wrote for American Rifleman magazine that appeared around April 1994. That article included a reprint of a letter from ATF outlining what was, and wasn't, kosher in the way of modifications at that time.

The one thing I did try was one of the magazine replacement kits. Several, actually. None of them worked worth a damn, so I put the original fixed magazine back on it.

I also took off the cheap Chinese 4 power shorty scope and the strap on cheek pad. They're in my gun parts closet (along with the magazines and a few other bits and bobs). At the time I preferred, and still do prefer, to a degree, iron sights, although my aging eyes are now weighing in more heavily."

I'm posting this in the clear so maybe someone can be helpful./

I checked again, I do not have anyone on my ignore list but I did find a message "Send all massages except those on my ignore list," but I don't find an ignore list.  I changed that to "Accept all messages."

Maybe I'm confusing an "Ignore Ist" with a "Blocked" list, but I can't find a blocked list anywhere.

Try it again.  If it doesn't work, I'll have a board techie look into it.

Sorry, folks, but while this is off topic, I hope someone can assist.

Terry

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2024, 10:44:31 PM »
Meanwhile on CSPAN
Caller wants to shoot Trump

https://x.com/townhallcom/status/1836450174572396557

Since every station I've listened to states they have their callers on a delay, how did that call get out?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #159 on: Today at 11:41:19 AM »
Almost in shock there weren't some dems that voted against this although Nadler said this is meaningless without more gun control.

The House of Representatives has passed a bipartisan bill increasing U.S. Secret Service (USSS) protections for major presidential and vice presidential candidates after two foiled assassination attempts against former President Donald Trump.

It passed with an overwhelming unanimous 405 to 0 vote, a rare show of bipartisanship in Congress.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secret-service-protection-bill-passes-house-unanimously-after-trump-assassination-attempts
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #160 on: Today at 11:52:02 AM »
If I was the target, and had that kinda money, I'd be bringing in a contractor outfit...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #161 on: Today at 12:24:36 PM »
I mean, did they really need a bill to increase funding? This is where the Elon Musk efficiency audit would come in handy. They have enough money. They are crappy/political regarding asset allocation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #162 on: Today at 12:29:00 PM »
I mean, did they really need a bill to increase funding? This is where the Elon Musk efficiency audit would come in handy. They have enough money. They are crappy/political regarding asset allocation.

The solution is to always to throw more money at the problem and it's all about who gets a cut.

It was 405-0 which means there were 30 non votes. Curious who those were but haven't seen the vote list up yet.
BTW: It was H.R. 9106
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #163 on: Today at 12:32:56 PM »
Am I crazy in thinking maybe the security people knew about that vulnerability and kept it open as "bait" but kept an eye on it to catch such people as what's-his-name?

Nah, Terry  You're crazy.  Everybody says so.
That might make sense, but he was supposedly there for 12 hours waiting.  If it was a trap, you spring the trap before Trump tees off on hole 1.  They apparently had no idea he was there and didn't post anyone near that location even though they claim their protocol says they should. 

It was a sunny day.  I assume and if the SS agent was along the fence line, I can see him spotting the gun and not the shooter in the bushes.  Makes me also wonder if he panic shot at the barrel without seeing the shooter who took off.  Or the shooter pulled away as the agent got close. 

Conspiracy theory suggests shooter was supposed to get away.  A civilian spotted the license plate and the Sheriff made the arrest. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #164 on: Today at 02:25:39 PM »
This thumbnail for a YT video popped up in my feed
I'm not watching it as it appear to be click bail as so much is on YT is these days but if you want to here's the link

SHOCKING New Video Before Trump's Golf Course Shooting Goes Viral
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj8txUbKqmY

They changed the thumbnail.  :facepalm:
Now I got to see if I can find it somewhere
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #165 on: Today at 02:29:22 PM »
Meanwhile on e-bay

Trump-themed shooting targets sold on eBay days after assassination attempt get taken down
https://nypost.com/2024/09/20/world-news/trump-themed-shooting-targets-removed-from-ebay/

- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi