Author Topic: Times Square bomber picked up trying to leave country  (Read 11570 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Times Square bomber picked up trying to leave country
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
...wait. You can get an H1B visa as a CLERK?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 10:12:54 AM »
only if your "brown". :angel:

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks it's a dumb political move for Napalitano and the others to brag about how successful they were in thwarting the attacker and catching the perp?

This guy was as fail as they come, and he very nearly got away.  Shouldn't that reflect poorly on Napalitano?

Besides a pathetic display of bureaucratic self-congratulation, the news conference appeared to be a dissemination of information that would be helpful to our enemies.  Why we were told about "secret VIN numbers" that aid in forensics?  That is something the public has a need to know?  All of it stinks.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
Besides a pathetic display of bureaucratic self-congratulation, the news conference appeared to be a dissemination of information that would be helpful to our enemies.  Why we were told about "secret VIN numbers" that aid in forensics?  That is something the public has a need to know?  All of it stinks.

When they said that the VIN (not a VIN number, as it is a Vehicle Identification Number) was removed, I immediately wondered if they had removed the secondary VIN as well.

I'm not even a car guy and I know about the secondary VIN. Unfortunately, we seem to want to aid our enemies ignorance as much as we can.

Telling us that they picked him up through his cell phone was a REALLY bad idea, though. Next time they will know to have a new phone to use that hasn't been used before.  :facepalm:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2010, 11:27:14 AM »
...wait. You can get an H1B visa as a CLERK?

MB:

We have a baker's dozen "temporary work visa" categories for everything from nukular physicists to ditch diggers.

Institutions like the one mentioned in the article make their money off of providing school visas to mediocrities with well-off parents all over the globe...and help getting a work visa afterwards.  Getting an immigration marriage of convenience after that is up to you.

See, if you were interested in getting a shiitty education and just going through the motions, instead of being all focused on quality education leading to teaching credentials, you could have been here YEARS ago.

I'm not making this up.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »
just got back from changing the batteries in my radiation detector >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
I thought H1B visas existed for qualified people like programmers, or at least tech support people?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »
I thought H1B visas existed for qualified people like programmers, or at least tech support people?

You are correct. The intent of the H1B was to help people in "specialty occupations" make it into the states.  However, many companies stretch that definition and get away with it.   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:59:12 PM by red headed stranger »
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »
Just tell them ( in your best middle eastern accent ) you want to drive a cab, even though you don't know your way around and you would never be able to pass a drivers test. They'll let you in right away.  :mad:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
I don't get it  ???

Wouldn't a bomb in NYC kill a lot of cab drivers?  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
martyrs. =|

and arn't vin numbers stamped all over cars now? i could have sworn i had seen at least 4 times in my car. [tinfoil] (plate on the dash, frame under the finder, under the back seat, and next to the spare tire. if i'm remembering right. [popcorn])