Author Topic: Anyone here live in Utah?  (Read 4865 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Anyone here live in Utah?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 06:41:12 PM »
I call dibs on your moccasins.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 07:08:27 PM »
A funeral home in Moab will do it for $50, but it requires a state permit. Even just dumping it somewhere out in the desert requires a permit. I have to find out how to get a permit to have my not-much-more-than-cigarette-ashes thrown over a cliff with a 200 foot drop.  :facepalm:

Screw the permit.  And since you'll be dead by the time the money is spent, and have no kids or wife to leave the money to, might as well have some fun with the spreading of the ashes.
Formerly sumpnz

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 07:24:40 PM »
You're on, Charby. I'll have to contact you for more details so I can give them to the funeral parlor that will be shipping the ashes to Utah.

I talked to the woman in charge of Dead Horse Point. She doesn't need a permit for one person to scatter ashes. I was thinking of asking her to rename the site "Dead Monkeyleg Point", but I thought that would be pushing it.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
I'm in for the Monkeyleg Ashes Scattering RoadTrip.

Anyone in for a "Visit Monkeyleg While He's Still Alive Roadtrip"?

(No, we won't inventory and start and divvying up your stuff, just ignore the notebooks and the haggling going on behind your back.)

All kidding aside.  Doc's are usually just guessing.  I was supposed to be dead a couple of years ago.  And you can ask any of the SC contingent if it looks like death is still pursuing my ass.  I cheat that *expletive deleted*er everyday.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 08:45:02 PM »
I know, Scout26, but he was giving the same percentages I found. If you have a group of 30 people over age 60 with Acute MyelSomething Leukemia, and 27 of them die in less than five years, you can theorize that 10% of patients over 60 will live to 5 years or beyond. If you get a bunch of studies that show the same thing, then you're doing a bit better than theorizing.

You're the exception. No way of knowing whether I'll be or not.

As for my stuff, I'm trying to figure out how to find people to take it. Whoever does would have to come down here to AL to get it. Some stuff may not be worth the trip. If someone makes a trip for several people, then it could be worthwhile.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 09:06:30 PM »
Geez Monkeyleg, I'm so sorry to hear about this. We'll all keep our fingers crossed that you're one of the exceptions. Never give up on life until the day after you die.

Despite what KD5 said (he's probably only been to the jack stand store there) Utah is a beautiful place, and you've chosen an awesome location. If it comes to pass, I'd like to make every effort to be there when your ashes take flight.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 10:18:13 PM »
You're on, Charby. I'll have to contact you for more details so I can give them to the funeral parlor that will be shipping the ashes to Utah.

I talked to the woman in charge of Dead Horse Point. She doesn't need a permit for one person to scatter ashes. I was thinking of asking her to rename the site "Dead Monkeyleg Point", but I thought that would be pushing it.

PM sent.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 10:31:02 PM »
I know, Scout26, but he was giving the same percentages I found. If you have a group of 30 people over age 60 with Acute MyelSomething Leukemia, and 27 of them die in less than five years, you can theorize that 10% of patients over 60 will live to 5 years or beyond. If you get a bunch of studies that show the same thing, then you're doing a bit better than theorizing.

You're the exception. No way of knowing whether I'll be or not.

As for my stuff, I'm trying to figure out how to find people to take it. Whoever does would have to come down here to AL to get it. Some stuff may not be worth the trip. If someone makes a trip for several people, then it could be worthwhile.

I had my oncologist tell me "This ain't Vegas and I don't give odds.  Each person is different and there's no telling what will happen."   Besides I'm too damn ornery to die.  It's all about mindset.   Yes, having a plan in place is good.  Makes it easier on those around you.  But that doesn't mean you give up and and accept it as inevitable. (yes, it is, but you can work to defer it as long as you can.  Something about "do not go gentle into that good night..."  Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint..)

I plan to be buying moccasins from you for a long time to come...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 06:22:16 AM »
Mtnbkr is going to be executor of my estate/will, when I get around to actually preparing a legal one.

He doesn't know what he's going to have to do with my ashes...  >:D

If he doesn't fulfill the terms, he's going to have one very pissed off ghost haunting him for a long time...  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
Did a burial at sea for a WWII sub sailor on my first boat out of San Diego.
Captain was in the bridge with the OOD, one Lookout and one Chief.
Captain read a few words, the chief was there representing the goat locker.
OOD had the honor of spreading the ashes.
It is important to understand "windward" and "Leeward" while performing something like that. The OOD didn't. It was ugly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 07:45:24 AM »
Mtnbkr is going to be executor of my estate/will, when I get around to actually preparing a legal one.

He doesn't know what he's going to have to do with my ashes...  >:D

If he doesn't fulfill the terms, he's going to have one very pissed off ghost haunting him for a long time...  :rofl:

Is jamis involved?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 09:00:20 PM »
Let me know when y'all will be doing the road trip.  If I can convince my buddy to fly out to Moab we'll meet you and do an aerial ash scattering. 

I can't afford to pay the avgas bill, so he'd have to be up for it gratis.  I'd have to discuss it with SWMBO to see about time/$$ to drive out if flying is a no-go.  We're still trying to pay off Thing 1's knee injury, so times are tight.
Formerly sumpnz