Author Topic: A REALLY functional life hack!  (Read 625 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
A REALLY functional life hack!
« on: July 30, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
Saw this a few days ago and thought I would give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWJF5u7lBtA

Got the brush at Walmart for $2.99.

Had the bolt, had the epoxy putty.

Total time to put it together, about 24 hours considering time to leave the epoxy dry.

I just scrubbed my bathtub clean in less than 10 minutes whereas it used to take about half an hour doing it by hand. I expect that the tile walls will take a similar insignificant amount of time to do, too.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: A REALLY functional life hack!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »
Yeah, they are the bomb. I have a premade one I bought on an Amazon Lightning Deal not expecting much, but it was cheap, so what the hell?

Some of the best dough I've ever spent. I have a big sink in the laundry room where I always wash my hands after doing greasy, dirty work outside and also washing other really dirty stuff. Scum and dirt build up fast, and it has always been a pain to clean with a hand brush. The drill brush and some bartender's friend had it looking practically new in ten minutes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
Looked them up on Amazon. $12-15. Yeah, I might make my own
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Daniel964

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 11:40:46 PM »
Thanks for the great idea. The bathtub is in terrible shape and I've been dreading cleaning it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
OK, this one shows using a bolt to keep the brush together.

I used epoxy putty.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
Alright, I'll give it a go.

Here's what I came up with.

Trimmed the head of the bolt down to about 0.70", heated it, and melted it in flush.