Author Topic: The stuff of nightmares...  (Read 5393 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: The stuff of nightmares...
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 08:11:38 AM »
And pointless; mosquitoes provide me with at least a few blood transfusions every day for most of the year, and I'm supposed to believe a tick is more dangerous than those?

I've had one on the scrotum before.  Right where everything had to be uncomfortably pulled up to even see it.  After some debating whether to get help with it, (and just who I would ask to help with that, since my GF at the time was out of town) I finally just put axle grease (first thing I spotted that looked like it would seal air away from the skin) over the general area and waited for it to let go.  Hint: if for any reason you end up with a glob of axle grease smeared in your pubic hair, you might as well just shave.

Fire would be quicker.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
Scrape it off with angle iron.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 09:42:21 AM »
Goop or GoJo hand-cleaner would take care of something like that with no problem.

Oh, sure; that would have been a comfy 10 mile drive to WalMart to get some.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
I thought rubbing alcohol like Witch Hazel stuff would kill or stun ticks and cause them to let go.  However, I have lived in suburbs for a while so it has been some time since I got bit by one. 

Maybe you can get that stuff you put on your pet and treat your hair/skin with it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge