Author Topic: Star lite-Star Brite  (Read 1018 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Star lite-Star Brite
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:52:30 PM »
Don't make time to get out and shoot the night sky as often as I should. I even bought a lens more or less specifically for the purpose almost a year ago and tonight was the first time I managed to catch a clear moonless night, have the ambition and the time to play all at the same time. You might even say the stars aligned.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
Re: Star lite-Star Brite
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 12:39:38 AM »
Nice the people in the city have no idea what they are missing in the night sky.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 12:51:50 AM »
I know what you mean, and My place isn't anywhere near dark enough.
I'm in the early stages of planning a trip next year to the 4 corners area where there are a number of genuine "dark sky" locations.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:56:39 AM »
Yeah even where I am kc lights the north sky and a few small towns are pretty bright on the clear nights.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 12:59:03 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 02:08:56 AM »
I know what you mean, and My place isn't anywhere near dark enough.
I'm in the early stages of planning a trip next year to the 4 corners area where there are a number of genuine "dark sky" locations.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12352-arizona-sky-village-a-town-built-for-astronomy-lovers/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »
those are gorgeous......
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 08:32:55 PM »
Did you catch a satellite pass over in the first photo? There's a short streak about 1/3 of the way down from the top . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 08:37:39 PM »
http://www.jshine.net/astronomy/dark_sky/

Its a pretty good site, I've already got it bookmarked. Just for reference my location is in a green area on that map.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 08:39:30 PM »
Did you catch a satellite pass over in the first photo? There's a short streak about 1/3 of the way down from the top . . .

I've got several faint lines like that on quite a few of the images I made last night. Possibly satellites, the ones I was actually able to see while taking the pics seemed too distant to be planes.
Both of the pics here were 15 second exposures.

Samuel Adams

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
Great pics RKL!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 10:25:00 PM »
Great shots of Aquila, Delphinus and Sagitta.  There is a reason this region plays an important role in my novels.  So absolutely gorgeous.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!