Author Topic: Meanwhile, back in Bugtussle...  (Read 686 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Meanwhile, back in Bugtussle...
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »
Took a new step with traditional photography.
Home processed color film.
As far as developing the film it is actually  more straightforward than the arcane dark arts of B&W processing.

Shot this yesterday morning with my Mamiya RB67 Pro on Kodak Ektar 100 color film. Processed in a Unicolor C-41 kit in my bathroom darkroom.

Last sunrise of Summer, 2016 over looking Chelsea, Oklahoma.
(yes, there is an actual whole small town between the camera and the sunrise)

Image is straight from scanner, only editing is a little crop to clean up film edge that shows through film holder on the scanner.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Meanwhile, back in Bugtussle...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
Great picture Larry. I love it.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Meanwhile, back in Bugtussle...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 08:56:51 AM »
Thanks.
Developing color film in my home darkroom was something I've wanted to do for a while. It worked great and a bonus that the first roll made some nice pictures.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams